Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volvo EC15B mini - engine removal & injection pump overhaul - plus ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..that is a million dollar tip ...!!

Comment

Wednesday 31st October

Rain stops play.

Comment

Friday afternoon-light fading after a lot of rain.

1. With the IP fitted but all 3 fuel pipes removed we turned the motor over and got 3 pulses of fuel out of the top of the IP. Fixed

2. Refitted fuel pipes then started up - a bit of a splutter then he fired up.

3. Shut down as there is no coolant and the engine tray is not fully secure.

TBC

Comment

Jack how did you do that on Friday.....................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            I was thinking he same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
              I was thinking he same thing!

But I still checked to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure

Comment

But I still checked to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure to be sure

Well thats a good result Jack .. good news you'll be chuffed at that for an economical repair ? if you had got a volvo fitter involved .. youve just sidestepped a grands worth of bills easy
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

An excellent point Stock. I was just testing to see if you were paying attention!

Muz: your tip saved the day and the money. I'm very grateful.

So, tomorrow (Friday version II) I'll box the job off and take a few final photos. The trench we are in the middle of digging is for a combined micro-hydro electric and heat pump project. Is anyone interested enough for me to start a new thread on this forum?
                  J

Comment

Jack you lead and we will follow ribbing and all............................

Comment

Sounds interesting Jack .The more we get up on the forum ,the more we got to chat about and attract more members to the forum ,with a bit of luck .

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                        Muz: your tip saved the day and the money. I'm very grateful.
                        Well actually .. like many .. Ive never pulled a pump apart so I think you should get the prize ... I didnt know they failed like that or that they could even be repaired I just assumed a service exchange would be the way to go ... So thats a tip Ive learned
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Weak travel motor

As Ianoz mentioned, I had nothing to lose. Anyway today Doug started on the button but life got in the way and I can't box him off until Monday.
                          Now, about the weak travel motor......
                          Volvo have a service manual (hard copy) on order for me but it is still 2 weeks off arriving, so can the relief valve for the LHS travel motor be easily found from the parts list which I do have?

Comment

Monday afternoon - stalling motor

Doug was filled with coolant and run up to temperature. The throttle cable needs adjusting.
                            Anyway, I removed his IP to check the plungers and everything seems ok and the plungers feel springy but not binding.Refitted IP and turned him over but he just wouldn't start. Baffled. Battery started to die. Then I noticed the stop solenoid was still waiting to be connected - this was connected and he started first time. .

The engine is working better than when we bought him - he's always been a bit smoky, that of the unburnt diesel type smoke. Now he's clean burning.
                            I filled the hydraulic fluid tank with fresh oil and ran him up. A problem has arisen...he seems to have no power and can barely move before the hydraulic pump appears to stall the motor. My thought is that there is still air in the hydraulics but this is where my limited knowledge of diggers is exposed. Can anyone suggest what I may have done wrong?

Doug has moved though and he is now he's back on a hard standing. Am baffled.

Comment

Did you put the right grade of oil in the Hydraulics Jack ? To heavier oil in cold conditions will cause that {I am Told }.Other than that timimg of the engine may be out ,But if it is starting easierly ,you would not imagine that would be it ..Only other time i hav had that ,is when the breaker pedal switch failed and had the hydraulics stalled .
                              Another thing could be filter or strainer blocked .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                                Did you put the right grade of oil in the Hydraulics Jack ? To heavier oil in cold conditions will cause that {I am Told }.Other than that timimg of the engine may be out ,But if it is starting easierly ,you would not imagine that would be it ..Only other time i hav had that ,is when the breaker pedal switch failed and had the hydraulics stalled .
                                Another thing could be filter or strainer blocked .
                                Hi Ian.
                                The H.O is the correct spec. The engine is running sweeter than ever when not under load.
                                Do you mean the H.O strainer and filter?

Comment

Working...
                                X