Hitachi EX 15.2 king post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi EX 15.2 king post

Hi all, a job i'm not looking forward too is taking the king post casting off my EX15.2 for refurbishment, my main concern is oil loss when disconnecting the hydraulic hoses as i don't have a workshop big enough to do the work in i'm having to do it on my driveway, i was thinking about getting some stop ends for the hose's to minimize oil loss.

Does anyone know the fitting sizes on my EX15.2 for both the rams and breaker circuit or does any one have a better idea ?

Take a hose off and go to a hydraulics shop to get the right ends, depending on the age of it, older ones were bsp but yours is probably metric i'd guess and theres a fair variety of those. If you get them all capped off it means the boom will not move too much when you get it off as the oil cant go anywhere, and fix the rams .. let alone saving oil.... tip here is to fit it with a ditching bucket before you do it that way it will stabilise the arm when you dis connect it. Ive always had other diggers on hand to lift the arm, but you will need to get a bit more inventive as to how you support it .. post up some pics as you go You'll still need a basin to catch some inevitable spill though if you are doing it on a drive way
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Take a hose off and go to a hydraulics shop to get the right ends, depending on the age of it, older ones were bsp but yours is probably metric i'd guess and theres a fair variety of those. If you get them all capped off it means the boom will not move too much when you get it off as the oil cant go anywhere, and fix the rams .. let alone saving oil.... tip here is to fit it with a ditching bucket before you do it that way it will stabilise the arm when you dis connect it. Ive always had other diggers on hand to lift the arm, but you will need to get a bit more inventive as to how you support it .. post up some pics as you go You'll still need a basin to catch some inevitable spill though if you are doing it on a drive way
      Thank you, she's a 1999 model

Comment

Working...
      X