EC15b - No Hydraulics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC15b - No Hydraulics

Hi, been checking the previous posts to try to get a definitive steer on my issue but whilst there are some great previous answers none seem to be quite what I need.

basically my ec15b engines starts and runs as normal but after standing idle for a couple of weeks I went to use it and have no hydraulics at all. Dead mans microswitch on left fold down arm is fine. I have voltage at the terminals of the device that the manual shows as “MA1” BUT other posts seem to suggest that this is not actually MA1 but is a pressure switch? I think that MA1 might be my root cause (if MA1 is actually the “dead mans solenoid” and is located somewhere else than is shown in the manual?
    my machine does not have twin speed nor variable width tracks so I think my system is as simple as it gets, eg I think there is only one “hydraulic safety solenoid” ?
    For clarity the device shown in the manual as MA1 is a two wired jobby directly underneath the hydraulic oil filter and is easily accessible, but as I say my understanding from previous threads leads me to believe that this is a pressure sensor and not a shutdown/inhibitor/safety function device which is what I think MA1 is?. Any inputs greatly appreciated.

Hi All, further to my post above I have managed to find what looks to be the issue.
    to recap my Ec15b suddenly had no hydraulics after a couple of weeks of none use.
    Eliminated dead mans microswitch in left fold down arm (the most common cause of this issue according to previous posts and responses.
    Looking at the wiring diagrams I then suspected MA1 (aka XMA1) so went poking around to try to find MA1……..cant see at all - I believe it is fitted to the cuboid block directly beneath the hydraulic oil filter but am buggered if I can find it! . Anyway, whilst looking I did find a cable which looked to have been sheared and guess what……it was labelled XMA1 - so I now know that the solenoid needs replacing as the cable end looks like it is broken at the point where the cable enters the device. Have no idea how this could have happened but the “break” looks almost like a cut, but cant even concieve this so am assuming it has happened innocently.
    Anyway - I would really appreciate so detailed instructions on how to remove and replace this solenoid. Dies the hyd oil filter need to be removed? Will I lose oil if I disconnect pipes from the cuboid block? Does hydraulic system need bleeding after reconnect?

fFinally, the device on top of the block with 2 x male spade terminal is a pressure switch I believe (identified as PA / B1) on wiring diagram and in series with the dead mans switch via a relay contact) - it would appear that this must be closed to complete the circuit for MA1 to be energized and provide hydraulics. On my machine this measures as an open circuit, so on that basis the 12v feed is not going to get to MA1. Should this pressure switch be open or closed in its quiescent state? I definitely have voltage at the cable to this device (when engine running and when engine off). It almost seems that this switch may also be faulty but cant believe that this has occurred simultaneously to the cable breaking on MA1 !!!!! So maybe my logic and understanding are wrong???
    Anyway - any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

The hydraulics wont require bleeding , they will self purge.. Can you give us a pic of the solenoid ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Muz, many thanks for your reply, that info re self purging hydraulics is a big relief to me as today I took the plunge and disconnected the pipes going to that cuboid block and of course lost some oil into the bargain. In totai I had 3 pipes to remove, then removed the two bots from the underside. Didnt yet manage to actually remove the block from the machine as there didnt seem to be enough room due the the oil filter (mine is a out 8 / 9 inches deep - pics I have seen seem to show something much less than that so not sure if my machine has been fitted with an incorrect part), anyway. It doent allow enough room to get the block out. However if the large bulbous chamber was removed (I guess filled with oil but probably now empty!) then I think I can get it out.
        BUT I did get a bit of “luck” - although I couldnt yet remove the block I did manage to move it enough to see behind it and there is still about 4 inches of cable from the solenoid with a matching clean break so I should be able to rejoin the cables to make good the repair. So at this stage I Do not think I need a replacement solenoid. I am sure the repair to the cable will sort my issue but am still puzzled as to how/why it broke in the first place but that is a back seat issue.

Of course I will send a pic of the solenoid, from what I could see it looks like it had a blue block.
        My machine does not have expanding tracks nor two speed so I believe that this solenoid MA1 and the solenoid for slew MA3(?) are the only ones fitted.

So Muz, If I remove the bulbous chamber from the block to facilitate removal will this cause me any secondary issues? (As I dont have a replacement filter to hand otherwise I would remove that rather than the bulbous chamber).
        cheers

Comment

Hi Muz, As promised here is a pic of the solenoid. Was a right pig to get out - had to remove slew motor to get enough wriggle room to get the block out. Cable now repaired (and extended to allow for better routing when refitting. Will replace when it stops raining and see if I am back on the go. Will post an update once I know! Cheers.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Refitted all the gubbings today, refilled with hydraulic oil…..All good . Back in operation now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadget View Post
              Refitted all the gubbings today, refilled with hydraulic oil…..All good . Back in operation now.
              Good job .. its the same type of solenoid they use for all three operations, double speed travel etc... and the fact that its attached to a block that has an accumulator attached to it is a good sign that its a hydraulic control system of some sort
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
              X