No announcement yet.

12HP petrol Lawn Tractor conversion to 36VDC electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm slow in response, but Stock is the man on the job!

So Jack, what is the status on the 'Lectro-Mower?

Comment

....progress?..........

Thanks for reminding me Bruce, I'll get a few snaps on the thread this evening. Anyway, all the parts are here and the 'tractor' is cleaned up.

I ran a very rough bench test on the motor about 3 weeks ago - just to check it was working. That's all to date.....

Comment

Sounds like the progress on my house.

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
          Aha.....welcome Ian.........an Asimov fan?
          Plus I have the Added Advantage Of being Able to Skype Stock And get the lowdown on searches .
          Plus I think his computer has a Flux capasitor ,Cause his seems to be able to find stuff i can only dream of locating on the interwebby thingie .

Comment

..yeah...some people just know what to look for....I'm so itchy about getting a virus or a snooper program that it limits the websites I'll go on..........I mean, have you seen that Plant&Construction website..?...shocking....

Anyway, it might be the time to add that the tractor will be 48volts and not the 36volts advertised....clearly not a Ronseal conversion

Comment

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Good lord! I'm glad I live way over here in the states. No doubt, Stock would be able to produce an inspection report on the contents of my closet.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                  Good lord! I'm glad I live way over here in the states. No doubt, Stock would be able to produce an inspection report on the contents of my closet.
                  .......what?......the closet next to that old chest of drawers you've got in the spare room?.........that was posted up here last week!!.............

The conversion is due for some attention tomorrow because this afternoon we got the Heat Pump working from the Fell supply so the time pressure is a little alleviated.

Comment

SIT REP

I looked at the batteries on my way past to plumbing in our Fell water supply.....

Comment

I looked at the batteries on my way past to plumbing in our Fell water supply.....
                      Well at least that qualifies as "doing something." You'd qualify as a member of congress here in the states.

Comment

.......what?......the closet next to that old chest of drawers you've got in the spare room?.........that was posted up here last week!!.............
                        Shoosh .. I have censured that those drawers were unfeasible .. oh.. you mean the cabinets as opposed to his pants
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

There's been progress!

Today I visited MPM marine engineers in Maryport, Cumbria to check on the progress of the converted pulley. The original pulley on the B&S petrol engine didn't fit the shaft on the electric motor so MPM agreed to fabricate a new pulley for me as I don't have a lathe............or a clue.......or a personality either....

The engineer there has fabricated the new pulley but now has to farm out the job to get the internal key way cut - could be another 10 days, but as soon as I get the pulley.....well.........beep beep...whoooshhhh.....

No more photos yet but there will be movement towards actually fitting the electric motor to the mower - and about time too as the grass is looking like a cut wouldn't do any harm......

Comment

Too Late

....my far better half had to cut the grass today - with the petrol powered WestWood T1600 Ride on Mower.

....I wore a black armband...

On the bright side the T1600 gas guzzler started first time after an 8 month hibernation...

..on the dark side, our small Mountfield Mower p*ssed petrol out everywhere and its governor gave up the ghost - only 5 years old.

Anyone else [UK] starting to cut grass yet? It's around 4 weeks late this year IMO

Comment

Anyone else [UK] starting to cut grass yet? It's around 4 weeks late this year IMO

Yes .. and I have an indolent teenager who I try to motivate to do it .. let me tell ya thats quite a bit of motivation .. anyways on account of the fact he doesent know his arse for elbow, or the back or front of a lawn mower .. we have a flymo .. init ? which is the same which ever direction you push it ... you see .. you've got to be a bit wise sometimes (and no he doesnt do the grass in his slippers )
                              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I have just bought me a Westwood t1600 I think it's a good mower! I used it commercially. One garden I cut produces enough grass in the fortnight/10 day cycle to fill the back of my transit tipper! I have been cutting grass for the last month but its defiantly late this year.

i think it will be a short season with silage and even straw being at a premium in the winter as I think the straw will grow short as its not had the time!

Comment

Working...
                                X