Well it's my project......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mogman View Post
    Was asked today if i could make one but wanted to split 10' lengths into 4 pieces so they will go in his processor Mogg
    Sound like you will be borrowing {stealing} a multi stage ram from somebody's tipper Mogg ??..

Comment

So you are expecting him to use spring return Wazz, I was thinking or two rams from a teleporter Jib.............
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
        ....just spied the pedal-powered gocart in the background......I'll bet your yard is treasure trove?
        That's the backup transportation when the 'Rover dies. It gets used a lot

Stock my dear friend, "Great minds think alike." I just went out and purchased a used splitter in preparations for the upcoming winter, even though it is the middle of summer. Mine was purchased from a fellow who really didn't need it. I think he had a tool fetish. My benefit. It was in really good shape as it was rarely used. The CPHQ will certainly have a healthy supply of split firewood now. The axe and maul were a bit of a pain.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          Thanks Mogg,
          Praise from one of your engineering prowess is notable indeed...................my Thanks....
          Well stock it does look the part

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
          Sound like you will be borrowing {stealing} a multi stage ram from somebody's tipper Mogg ??..
          So you are expecting him to use spring return Wazz, I was thinking or two rams from a teleporter Jib.............
          As stock quite rightly pointed out how will it return my first thought was to use a ram from the ejector in the back of a bin wagon multi stage but still double acting trouble is I haven't got one laying around but have got a couple of skip loader rams not sure of the length till tomorrow did think of teleporter rams but they are £1k each on e-bay each............I don't like spending money

Mogg
          If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Good Job Stock ... I found it tough to keep the splitter head aligned on the bed .. as it wants to go off line all the time.

My mistake was I used an inverted T section in side a plate with a groove when a cupped section of H beam using the outer edges is preferable

Still .. I made it out of a boom from a Kubota KX41 digger and its dozer blade and an old tipper ram from a trailer

Its been working well .. but I'm impressed you managed to get the small engine to generate as much power
            Attached Files
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Muz
              I did a huge amount of research prior to my build and to be truthful I had serious doubts about the power available from the engine. If you don't mind some constructive advice on your one , but I think that your wedge is too wide too quick. The teeth I used are 35s and have a gentle slope to them, this allows the wedge to enter the block and then separate it where your splitter is trying to accomplish this very quickly.........maybe a tad too quick.....

Comment

If you don't mind some constructive advice on your one , but I think that your wedge is too wide too quick. The teeth I used are 35s and have a gentle slope to them, this allows the wedge to enter the block and then separate it where your splitter is trying to accomplish this very quickly.........maybe a tad too quick.....
                You are quite correct .. it was a total guess when I made it .. and I'm lucky that we only split pine with it . The Fordson seems to generate pretty healthy pressure on the ram though .. so we manage fine with it fortunately .. stupidly I never copied anyones design .. I just made what I thought would work out of my own head given the bits I had .. clearly the splitting head is vital if you have less power, which is why yours works so well with a small engine .. and all the more satisfying to be able to stick it in a small shed
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by mogman View Post
                  As stock quite rightly pointed out how will it return Mogg
                  Just cut another inlet hole in the head of the ram and weld in another oil fitting ,presto double acting ram ..Or just use an oil driven winch to compress the ram ,simple but effective ..
                  Sleep on it Mogg ,I'm sure you will figure it out ..

Comment

Put your toys away

Comment

Here you go mogg..

Comment

Just cut another inlet hole in the head of the ram and weld in another oil fitting ,presto double acting ram ..Or just use an oil driven winch to compress the ram ,simple but effective ..
                        Sleep on it Mogg ,I'm sure you will figure it out ..
                        Wazza you can't just drill a hole in the other end a single acting ram as you know single acting rams have single sided seals and as for multi stage rams they get complecated with tubes with in tubes to get them to work

anyway last night had a thought multi stage tipper ram from a bulk tipper only use the first 3 stages (the fat ones) 3 meters travel then to return it a 1.5 meter ram from a flt with the flt chain and rollers so 3 meters of back travel all working from the same spool lever

Mogg
                        If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

So ,Stock , when to you start selling the do it yourself plans ?
                          This bloody Axe caper has knobs on it .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                            This bloody Axe caper has knobs on it .
                            Ha Ha ,move to Queensland where it's so warm you don't need heating ,Bloody Global Warming ....

Comment

Ha Ha ,move to Queensland where it's so warm you don't need heating ,Bloody Global Warming ....
                              You know oooh Whizza of Wazza the self same thought occurred to me................

Comment

If he goes I'm coming with.

Comment

Working...
                                X