Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Druid's 'Drema's Druidfab Attachments !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    oooooooooooooooo this missus will be swinging next time the chimney need some pointing
    There's more chance of finding God, the Devil an' the Pope, having a game of dommies in yer local tomorrow night, than of ever getting Pam in that, in the open, like pictured there.
    Half mast on't boom is her limit so far on the forks, for the cable to the boxes!!

She may cope with the pine end barge boards, as it'll be beside a wall and having now seen just how far this'll go up, doubt it'll need full capacity !!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

been waiting for a new toy to arrive !!

which it duly did last week

t'was one o' these!!!!

or more recognisably ...... one o' these

been after one for ages and this one just sort of popped up !!
      My new rock scare-er

Plenty of lil' 'uns about, but finding something a bit more 'Drema sized has taken a while.

Missed a real nice 5ft Kinshoffer a while back waiting for the seller to confirm dimensions ........

which was disappointing but as the old saying goes - "good things come to those who wait" and this 'un cropped up.

first job was to get it on the bench to assess what I'd bought and get the oil out the ram, plumbing,etc.! 'Drema's chock full of bio and I'm real careful about NOT mixing any, or at least minimal quantities of mineral !!

Interestingly the top link on the rotator has the same/similar offset 'kink' as the set up on my 3 foot digging grab which was the topic of discussion some time ago on t'other! No one has a plausible reason for why these are set up thus ?

I'd love to know the theory/reasoning behind this offset?

As I don't want to use this free hanging under the rotator, for a bit more precision use, it was the next thing to get my attention.

Garth must've done the bolts up on this, 'cos they took some shifting!
      Got there though and it was off.

The Kinshoffer has a '99 label/plate on it, but looks like new. Doesn't seem to have had much abuse ..... or use?
      Obviously not the original fitted to this grab as it's been re-drilled to suit what came off.

The original 6 way mount is on a strange 174mm P.C.D., which is an odd dimension and doesn't equate to anything particular in imperial either?

Whoever had cobbled the 'new' Kins. on there, had torched off some braces .... very badly ....

..... and not cleaned off the surface where the Kins bolt holes came through, which explained the struggle to slack 'em off, when I eventually got a look at the state of the washers under the nuts!

I'm considering replacing the braces, in a different position to avoid the fixings, but re-stiffen up the top plate, in relation to the side plates, as the originals were obviously intended for.

having got it on its back......

... I went through all the pivots looking for wear,replaced a few pin retaining bolts that had gone astray, couple of split pins cleaned all teh nipple recesses and greased 'em all - didn't take a lot in any of 'em to see grease coming out of the pivots

checked out the overlap to suss an idea I have for a few bolt on additions perhaps, to get 'em to meet more in a pincer fashion and opened it up fully to check the 5 foot I'd been told they were and get the final remnants of oil out the bottom of the cylinder with the port at the lowest point.
      Attached Files
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Whipped the pick up adapter off the block grab to 'borrow' it for a while and set out a 174mm P.C.D. x 2 x 6 way bolt hole set .....

..... piloted 'em

and give 'em the 17mm treatment from t'other side

Amazingly it dropped on sweet as a nut ........

I double mount drilled it, so that the orientation can be spun around 90 deg.s, but as it'll probably be used most under the VA-r, it's a bit academic, but with the drill on the bench it made sense.

Anyway picked it up to see how it sat and suss some plumbing, now it was devoid of mineral olio, to give it a try.

As I was able to open/close it easily sat on the dipper like that it was an easy suss for fouling/clearances

So ....... slotted a couple of QC males straight on the ram ports, for now, and borrowed the VA-r's new 1/2" pipes to give it a try.

Worked just fine - closest things to hand were the 3 ft Geith bucket, at 430 kgs, which it gripped and picked fine and my 1200kg concrete test weight block which it also gripped and picked OK, but needed to keep the pressure on slightly to maintain the grip.
        Check valve required methinks.

So went rummaging in my bits and bobs stock as I was pretty certain I had a couple in there.

this looked a prime candidate as it's a two way circuit jobby and reckon it'll plumb straight to the close port of the ram nicely, with a short flexi to the open port.

This came off the rotater I made the VA-r with when I had it and I know it's a functional valve

I also have this one which came off/was intended for the rigger leg on a Hydrocon crane, but the fault rectified itself before I got to fitting this, so has sat in its box ever since.
        Long time ago and can't remember HTF it was plumbed, but on a two way circuit - up/down - this has got P1, P2 and R ports - any thoughts anyone?
        It would only need to be checked in one direction originally - extended!!

If I could suss this, it too would be adequate for the grab, as that'd only need to be checked in the closed stroke !

Got the grub up shout before I could clear up and had to come back out to tidy up - hate having to do that - much prefer to get it done before sitting down for nosh .......... however !!!!

More than life itself is worth, to ignore 'the bell' !!!!

Nearly finished getting the Lemac back together too, after a few coats of top coat - not yer average 2 gallon refurb. guys !!

So .......... look out rocks ......... I's got something to get hold of yer lil' buggers with now and can have a tidy up ......... if it stops raining long enough for the ground to dry out. ......... Again!!

Comment

At a guess .. the check valve would be ported to do either a single jack leg or plumbed to a pair simultaneously?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            At a guess .. the check valve would be ported to do either a single jack leg or plumbed to a pair simultaneously?
            Can not for the life of me remember how it was plumbed - been 30 years!! the riggers were a lever per corner - out and down so fed through extend cylinder plumbing then down which would've had the check on it.
            Reverse was up and in obviously - could pin 'em in and then just get a down/up action

Ports are P1, P2 and R, which must've been some sort of return????? Valve was on top of the leg / cylinder
            can just see it here

OMG just looking at the cobble on the winch drum on that!!

may have to strip it to investigate - would be a handy valve on just the close circuit and a damned sight easier to squeeze in too!!

Comment

One of the guys on Maskinisten suggested googling the numbers off the Hydrocon valve, but had no success so far this evening - anyone recognise 'em at all?

Been persuading t'other one into a very tight spot today ....... in the grab ........ got the bugger in there though!

Comment

Regrettably the name plate's rivets have long since submitted to the years and allowed said plate to escape from this ol' girl - I haven't as yet been in search of similar beasts on't net, but it is vaguely reminiscent of older Kins.s so could well be. Would be nice to know who's it is though

It is very well built with a beast of a ram - haven't measured it - thought about it ....... then forgot to do it, but I'd say circa 100mm+ cylinder / 50mm+rod, as are all the pins in it, so not going to break it in a hurry.

It is very well built with a beast of a ram - haven't measured it - thought about it ....... then forgot to do it, but I'd say circa 100mm+ cylinder / 50mm+rod, as are all the pins in it, so not going to break it in a hurry.

I'm well happy with it, for the seven I gave for it and Pallex's 50 bucks to bring it home.

As for the rotator - 4 bolts and it's back in the game - trouble with using a rotator is I have to lock off my crowd circuit to get the second service and hang the rotator, although AtlasRob's solution to that, which I found pix of the other night, on 't'other one' is a very easy solution. - More again!
                Plus I want to be able to selectively position and handle with this lil' beast, so it'll be time for the VA-r to get tested.

If it stops peeing down, the ground dries out a bit more and I can find enough 'rubber' to cobble a plumbing set up together, it may well get a try out shortly, sorting out me boulder pile

Cross yer fingers an' watch this space - might be video time again soon!

Comment

I've just found my grab on the 'net this afters [it's pee-ed down here all day) - it's a Cranab - made in Sweden !

Deffo the same as mine
                  the stiffener webs on the body are real unusual and identical on this, as are the pin retainer guards, etc., etc. !!

heres that 6 bolt rotator that must've been the original fit

Guessing mine'd be a Cranab 60 !? - the PCD for the rotator is inset a lot more on the mount plate on mine and therefore probably bigger ...... mine's a 60" opening - guess this'd be a 42" one?

http://www.finn.no/finn/b2b/construc...nkode=61848215

Can go looking now I've a better idea what I'm after - drawn a blank to date!!

OK - bit more searching and hey presto .......

amazing what you can find with a little info.
                  http://bindertrucks.com/en/greifer-cranab-3000-kg/

this 'un's 2001

Weighed mine yesterday and without the rotator or head bracket it's 225 kg

I'd say that's definitely my grab

Gives me a good idea for the gusset replacement too !!

I'm well pleased - it looked well made, in the multitude of pix the seller sent me and is even better in the flesh
                  Also got an idea of capacity now too

Should handle most things I'm likely to be going to try an' do with it

It may be short on the warranty though, if not completely out!!

http://www.cranab.info/www%5Ccranabc...oductsGrapples

also been told by one of the guys on Maskinisten that Cranab's factory is next to Indexator's and were both founded by the same guy.

Pretty good quality units apparently, with a decent pedigree too

spent yesterday afternoon wrestling that double check valve into it - bloody tight

Comment

Having drawn a total blank on sussing the single check valve, I decided to see if I could fit the double-er into the grab somehow.
                    Bit of a squeeze and some canny plumbing, but I got it in there without fouling anything!!

It's direct onto the close port and I had a small flexi that was just right to get me to the open/extend port on the ram ....... a shorter one on a banjo'd be even better and may well get one made up, as this one's a bit 'scabby' anyway.

open it's all a bit tight, not helped by the fact that, the extend port isn't fitted square on the cylinder !!!!!

Ignore the long bolts sticking into the proceedings - was waiting for some new M16 x 60s to turn up and are all sorted now - never have enough of what yer want eh?

closed it's got a lot more space to play with

stuck a couple of QCs onto the input ports on the check block, but think a couple of short tails will end up on there, with QCs flying to connect to the VA-r outputs eventually

It was holding better now, yesterday, but think it could still do with some adjustment to the checks?
                    Anyone know how to adjust them?
                    Obviously its a case of slack off the lock nut, but which way does one turn the centre bolt to achieve a better pressure hold?

Looking at it there ain't a lot left for 'in', so if it isn't 'screw out', it's as good as it'll get, just about !!!!

Comment

Bit of a Fau Pas perhaps with my newly installed valve ................ couple of the guys on t'other one are of the opinion that what I'd thought was a double check valve, ......... ain't!!
                      They reckon what I have is a cross line relief valve and they may well be bang on, judging by their explanations. ........ so......
                      it'll be coming off for closer inspection ........ when it stops peeing down

However, bit of a silver lining if it is ......... the sun was out yesterday morning an' me and Mrs D headed for Welland, as planned.
                      An hour's drive got us to ..................... where the ******* queue started

Another two hours got us the other mile and a bit into the parking field.

If anyone connected with the organisation of the show is reading, I've two words for you - traffic management!!!
                      FFS, get some in place!

Plenty of pay/entry points once you're actually in the showground and no queues - FFS get them in there, off the road quicker and in a controlled manner, instead of the free for all at the cross roads leading in!!!!!

I have never seen such a complete f*** up, in all the years I've been going there!!!
                      Where have all the traffic marshals gone this year ? Not one in sight .......... anywhere, outside the showground, like there usually is, keeping the flow going! A total balls up!!

OK, ........ rant over - I hope someone sees it - bloody well nearly aborted, an hour into the queue and if I had I wouldn't have had the few good buys, that I did.

The best one being a virtually new PO check valve, 1/2" ported with adaptors still fitted ............ for a tenner!

The very last 'stall' I looked at - more like a bric-a-brac/car boot, than anything, but the guy had been using it on some development test rig (?) he'd been building - couldn't believe my luck!!!
                      Pix later guys.
                      Should fit a treat!!

Lovely day for the show; not too hot and importantly not peeing down like it was Friday and is again today - monsoon level rain

Got to meet one of teh guys from t'other one too, as I'd arranged to meet him with an O&K manual on disc for him, that I'd downloaded from Maskinisten, if we got there!!

Hell he's a big fella - Mrs D standing at 5' 4" says to him, staring skyward, "how tall are you exactly Dehayne"
                      "6' 9" " came the reply, with a big smile.

What a nice guy and great to finally put a face to all the emails and conversations we've had - see on FB it was his birthday yesterday too and I forgot to wish him a happy birthday, in the flesh ........ bugger!!

Had hoped to put a face to another too, as the Ex Mayor engine is usually there, but couldn't see it, or him anywhere?

One to make you smile/cringe - there was a military spec engine there, which I forgot to get a pic of - missus might have - which was hauling a full scale replica of, IIRC, an 8" howitzer, drag trailer and accommodation trailer.

I was told it set off from somewhere in Essex at 04.00 Friday and arrived in the showground around 22.30 Friday night !!
                      Can you imagine the trail of carnage on the roads, that it must've left in its wake!?!!

Not the best but only one I can see tonight

Nice to see this old girl in her working clothes, so to speak, even if they were freshly laundered!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

slight update on the above thread comments - just got a FB message from the pilot of said velocipede which stated
                        " We came from West Sussex & stuck to dual carriageways so that we didn't hold anyone up."
                        isn't technology wonderful

Comment

So........ here's yesterday's bargain pilot op. check valve .........

Chap I had it of said it's set to circa 100psi on the pilot pressure so shouldn't be too 'snatchy'

I'll have a shufty for the numbers in a minute.

Had to whip it to bits this afters to suss which ports were in/out and having done so I can now see exactly how the lil' beast functions!
                          Clean as a whistle inside,as was the small residue of oil sat in it.

Having sussed how these work, I thought I'd have a shufty inside that other ali bodied valve I put up the other night, from the crane leg.

Now have the drop on that too - P1 is to cylinder, P2 is pressure in to the valve and the R port is a remote connection to Tee into the alternate/reverse service to provide the pilot pressure to release the check on the loaded actuator!

The pilot pressure required to release the check is fully adjustable on this one too.

As many are so fond of saying, me included, ........ everyday's a school day!

So ........could use either of these on the grab's close stroke, but'll most likely be the newly acquired unit, simply for the physical size of it - very compact!

I'll give it a try and see how it performs - might even have to increase it slightly 'praps.

The chap I had it off even asked me for my email addy, so's he could send me the spec. sheet for it - seemed a very pleasant and interesting fella

Size-wise it couldnt be better and the porting is just spot on too!

T'was worth the grief ......... just about

Comment

Also spent a few hours this week, knocking out some link plates and pins, to create a couple of 'copies' of AtlasRob's great idea, (from t'other) for hanging rotators off his quicky lift lug.

One of the Ying Tongs got a bit of exercise and used the 'slugs' to knock out a couple of spacers at the same time

first link

and second one getting trial fit

Number three was fine ........

But no. 4 ........... that saw off the drive shank on the Ying Tong - surprised it got that far!!
                            Finished it off with the body in the chuck and it is so much more 'solid' gripping the main body, I think they'll all lose their tangs/shanks

cut a couple of 45mm pins and holed 'em for some Lynches, sorted a couple of end plates for barrel welding to the pins and a couple of washers too .........

........... for the smaller pin ends.

and cut a few larger tube spacers for the 45mil pins ...........

Comment

All looking Good mate .The joys of being in the fabrication game for so long .
                              If i did something like that ,it would look like shitt .

Comment

In case anyone's wondered why my posts are often so late it's often only now that I've got enough net speed to get back into my Bucket when everyone's gone to bed !!

Here's the rotator off the block grab .....

Suitably lugged up for the hitch!

This is the Kinshoffer, off the new tongs grab/grapple .....

Regrettably I didn't have a length of tube with a 45mm ID and had to make do with 48 mil, but they're only spacers to keep everything hanging centrally on teh hitch lug/lift point which is 35mm thick.
                                Ain't gonna bend a 45mm pin with what'll be hanging on there ...... ever!!

Finally for tonight I thought I'd just tack this on the end here - seen at Welland yesterday - what a great idea for a non slip deck

lugged belting, bolted to the truck bed!!

Comment

Working...
                                X