Making a fixed grab into a rotator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8druid
    that however is new in box and gotta be bought.
    Kidding me ? £78 Ill have that ? but how do you mount it ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Seen the fixings
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

https://m.finn.no/b2b/construction/a...nkode=92447931

Looks perfect ... fixing the rotator valve in there might take some doing though

Comment

Originally posted by Muz
          https://m.finn.no/b2b/construction/a...nkode=92447931

Looks perfect ... fixing the rotator valve in there might take some doing though
          you mean the Roemheld rotary coupling?

open up the hole in the centre of the base plate of the rotater and fit the top of the rotary to it ....IIRC 60mm or 65mm fix flange and 86mm top O/A dia. .... it has 2 sets of ports .... on the top and the sides ... use the top ones......go back in my thread and you'll see what I did with mine ..... you then simply have to prevent the body from free rotating/connect it to the upper half of the rotater loosely , to allow for any lack of concentricity ...easier to see when you have it in front of you ...... plenty of pix in my threads ..... the Roemheld is only small .

I do have an even smaller rotary in the centre of that Auramo roll clamp I bought recently, so they are about and could prob.s be bought from Auramo .... but not at that price I doubt.

I take it I won't be having that lil' cutie then Muz ...... don't forget shipping and duty ..... adds up and'll prob.s be close to doubling the cost, but still mega cheap

Now't's easy .... but all's do-able with sufficient reason to achieve it
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid

I take it I won't be having that lil' cutie then Muz ......
            No

Comment

Should be here at the end of the month Now for the rotator what to choose ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz
                No
                'Spose two spares'd be greedy ......... no matter how cheap they were

Aye takes a while to get yer from t'other side o't pond ...... that's bargain of the year Muz
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz
                  Should be here at the end of the month Now for the rotator what to choose ?
                  You'll have to email 'em and see what sizes they got in stock Boyo ..... and some prices.

Comment

the little Auramo rotary coupling for you to eye ball Muz

http://www.bolzoni-auramo.com/categoria.php?f=2

http://www.bolzoni-auramo.com/

Comment

Interesting .. surprised that doesent have a cover plate to protect the valve from any crushing.

I spose its academic to try and work out a plan until I know what rotator I'm going to work with, because it will dictate what the mounts and space will be like .. I hope I havent bitten off more than I can chew here

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        Interesting .. surprised that doesent have a cover plate to protect the valve from any crushing.

I spose its academic to try and work out a plan until I know what rotator I'm going to work with, because it will dictate what the mounts and space will be like .. I hope I havent bitten off more than I can chew here
                        A man of your Kali-ber Muz ..... shirley not ..... One thing I would say .... don't skimp on the rotater ....
                        (a) to give you plenty of Umph,
                        (b) the more room the merrier in the middle and
                        (c) . you might find all sorts of uses for it other than that grab .... like forks, clamshell, etc. and'd be a shame to go buy one too small for hanging anything 'larger' off of ...... never know.... might even feel inclined to make the bugger tilt a little too ...... if you found yerself at a loose end one afternoon

Comment

The thought did occur to me that maybe I should just buy an engcon, that way I could use it for grading buckets etc ... but the problems are A cost B weight and C hoses in the way, although I'd more or less concluded that I really only need about 90 degree rotation , so, I could live with the hose issue I think

Comment

The thought did occur to me that maybe I should just buy an engcon, that way I could use it for grading buckets etc ... but the problems are A cost B weight and C hoses in the way, although I'd more or less concluded that I really only need about 90 degree rotation , so, I could live with the hose issue I think
                            What size you after Muz?

a few cheap s/hand units on the engcon used bits pages

http://used.engcon.com/?&page=

Comment

Well look what turned up today ?

IMG_0937[1].jpg

Complete with some fittings although mostly JIC from what I saw through the bag ....... .. thanks to V8 for putting me on to this It will be the centrepiece of the project (literally ) .. couldn't get a real good look today, as I had way bigger fish to fry

Comment

Well look what turned up today ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3549[/ATTACH]

Complete with some fittings although mostly JIC from what I saw through the bag ....... .. thanks to V8 for putting me on to this It will be the centrepiece of the project (literally ) .. couldn't get a real good look today, as I had way bigger fish to fry
                                you been poaching again Muz ....... Fittings'll be 1/4 BSP to JIC ..... the yanks love their JIC ... top plugs'll be captive seal type

Beautifully engineered part eh

Comment

Working...
                                X