No announcement yet.

Our Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have been making progress on the Valueliner , Some photos of the truck wth the sub frame ,and then with the tipping body fitted .
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking tandem Ian it's looking a little damp in the land of Oz. lol

Comment

Swishy would be proud. Interesting ram on the top of the box. I've not seen them mounted to the outside/front, but rather in an indentation to the front of the box.

Comment

Hi Bruce ,As i Carry My excavator in the body ,i can't have a hoistwell taking up room . Front mounted ones are fairly common here .

Comment

You see them here time to time as well, I always liked that style of truck box more as you don't have that 'dog house' for mud to freeze in or get stuck in. Ian if you have the opportunity could you post a picture of how you carry your excavator in there? I know a guy that does something similar he has an International tandem that he carries his Komatsu I think D36S track loader in. He never really hauls any dirt he just gets people to do that for him but he modified his tail gate with some folding ramps and I think a winch so he can simply drive his machine in or out. He puts the loader arms up with the bucket in the dump position at the top front of the box. His name's Vik but we usually call him the 'Cat in the box'. lol If I have the opportunity or run into him one of these days I'll get some pictures.

Comment

Hi Bert , I use 9 Ton Aluminium Ramps .They fit in underneath the machine .

Comment

Interesting do you hook them with the bucket and slide them out? Or are they light enough to be handled by hand (not to likely I imagine)? Is your tailgate a barn door style?

Comment

I will have another go . Was nearly finished a reply and the power went out ..Well the ramps have a sticker on them saying "Lightweight " Well compared to steel ones i guess they are , but their 70 Kilos each . Muggins here skull drags them off and on . They fit neatly side by side between the tracks . I have my rock breaker accross the front of the tray .Positioned so the track fits passed it and the moil is under the curve of the track on the other side . I lean the buckets against the blade and slew the boom to the left . Turn the machine until the quickhitch is above the buckets and rest it on top . Shut the tailgate {Yes it's a 2 way tail gate , drop a pin in on the passenger side and swing it round } through a chain over it and good to go .

Comment

Our new Truck .Bit rough around the edges

Comment

Looks pretty good Ian, what make is it? And what is that screen in front of the windshield for?

Comment

She is a Paccar DAF 2700. Fitted with a tilt & slide body. the Bar they call a 'Roobar and the mesh is to prevent any thing hitting the windscreen............
                        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                          She is a Paccar DAF 2700. Fitted with a tilt & slide body. the Bar they call a 'Roobar and the mesh is to prevent any thing hitting the windscreen............
                          That brings back memories passed my test in the artic version 26 years ago (5hit where did all them years go)

Mog
                          If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Ok I'm familiar with the 'Roo bar' but the mesh is something different. On this side of the pond we don't have Kangaroos but we do have Moose and many truckers and car drivers have been killed hitting Moose in the dark. COE style trucks still aren't very common here and European style trucks even less so, is this truck an automatic tranny or manual shift?

Comment

We like to call it a Bull bar . The mesh Screen is to try and limit windscreen damage ,from rocks coming up off the tyres of passing vehicules .
                              Lot of trucks here are cab overs .especially in the smaller tonnage ranges . Mainly Jappanese .
                              The DAF has a 13 speed RR in it . No slack arse autos here . We is real truckers .

Comment

Yeah over here only the big fleets have automatics and a lot of rural and full time fire departments. Our pumper here has a 5 and 2 transmission and nobody knows how to drive it properly so the clutch is always way out of wack and our Fire Chief only uses it when we absolutely have to. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X