No announcement yet.

Ukjays International 620 Digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not another bloody Yumbo lover...........'tis nearly enough to have me get me box of matches, firelighters and fuel can out of retirement / storage.....................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      Not another bloody Yumbo lover...........'tis nearly enough to have me get me box of matches, firelighters and fuel can out of retirement / storage.....................
      Bloody pyromaniac ..... old stuff is the best stuff ...... you should know being the lover of vehicles with 60 year old designs
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Errm,

Took 'Rusty Bullet' out for its first work round (just clearing some old farmers sh $te), then when I went to move to a different position after clearing three tractor loads of crap - the left track came off the front idler roller

How do I go about getting it fixed in the field, and am I gonna need another mortgage?

Jay

Comment

Easy enuff!!!! slacken off the track tensioner (let off the grease) push in the idler reseat the track pump up the tensioner . provided the undercarriage is not worn out......................

Comment

Easy enuff!!!! slacken off the track tensioner (let off the grease) push in the idler reseat the track pump up the tensioner . provided the undercarriage is not worn out......................
            Hi Stock

May be easy enough - but this is my first venture into the world of excavators, so maybe not so easy, and there are obviously dangers involved with such a heavy piece of equipment that need to be factored in to this for a new owner I would guess.
            From what I have seen on the web, I would need something additional to force the tensioner back in, then to force the track back on to the runners. Is this the correct method - or is there a different method.
            Plus - what does everyone use as jacks in the field, or is it simply the boom that you use to raise the excavator off the ground?

How will I know if the undercarriage is worn out?

Kind regards

Jay

Comment

Hi

How do you push the idler roller back after releasing the greese nut, as it will only go back approximately 20mm, and the way my boom is set up does not allow the bucket to reach the cab / tracks?

Kind regards

Jay

Comment

cargo / ratchet strap 5 ton or above, chain block, come along, Tirfor?

Comment

6x3 between the bucket and idler..........................

Comment

Originally posted by fairmer View Post
                    cargo / ratchet strap 5 ton or above, chain block, come along, Tirfor?

Hi,

Tried similar. Wrapped sling strop around the roller shaft - connected the other end to the boom (after rotating the cab 180 degrees), then extended boom. Didn't budge.
                    How much travel would one expect to see here?

Jay.

Comment

6x3 between the bucket and idler..........................
                      Will give it a go (will have to buy a suitable length as I do not have anything suitable at home), but as above - idler didnt move much when I tried pulling it in.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Ukjay View Post
                        Will give it a go (will have to buy a suitable length as I do not have anything suitable at home), but as above - idler didnt move much when I tried pulling it in.

Jay
                        Are you sure you have removed the large plug/nut that the grease nipple is screwed into?

Comment

Positive - I even took it out completely to be sure it wasn't blocked. On the IH, the bolt screws in the end, not like the one in the picture.

Comment

Maybe the idler is back as the seal is not holding and the grease is leaked out.........................best make a pix of the set up for us...............

Comment

Maybe the idler is back as the seal is not holding and the grease is leaked out.........................best make a pix of the set up for us...............
                              and that's why it's thrown a track ..... no tension in the first place.

Jay .... use your boom to lift yourself about mate and get it back onto lower chain.... couple of chains/two leg brothers, with open hooks strategically placed on the track plates to lift/pull the upper sections back over the idler, with the boom/dipper/bucket crowd.

as said......some pix would be a great help
                              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hi

Here are some photos of how she looks now:

20160725_185117.jpg 20160725_185105.jpg 20160725_184928.jpg

The amount of grease that I had out which was only visible once I screwed the bolt back in:

20160725_185054.jpg 20160725_184847.jpg

Tension before it jumped off:

IH 620.jpg

Photo of the other side for comparison which to the untrained eye has the same tension:

20160725_184933.jpg 20160716_130449.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X