No announcement yet.

Ukjays International 620 Digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the plug and grease nipple, then put some load on the idler. As it appears there in the images the idler is still extended.......and there isn't enough grease to be seen around the track. looks like you have more to do..........
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      Remove the plug and grease nipple, then put some load on the idler. As it appears there in the images the idler is still extended.......and there isn't enough grease to be seen around the track. looks like you have more to do..........
      Hi Stock

Could the idler be seized - as the nut was completely removed, and I had a strop around the idler and tried using the boom to pull it back in with enough force to make the shackles groan?
      The grease you can see - was only evident after screwing the nut assembly back in.

Jay

Comment

hate to say it but looks like an idler out jobby .... strip, sort and go again ... bet that's solid !!
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          hate to say it but looks like an idler out jobby .... strip, sort and go again ... bet that's solid !!

Now the million dollar question - what's the chances the seals etc will be off the shelf, or I end up having to get them made to order?

Comment

Originally posted by Ukjay View Post

Now the million dollar question - what's the chances the seals etc will be off the shelf, or I end up having to get them made to order?
            seals will likely be the least of your worries ...... it'll be all the rusty bits that'll be the problem ..... think Muz put up some posts about a smaller m/c he did a while ago ... I'd possibly risk my left nut on the seals being pretty std items
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

seals will likely be the least of your worries ...... it'll be all the rusty bits that'll be the problem ..... think Muz put up some posts about a smaller m/c he did a while ago ... I'd possibly risk my left nut on the seals being pretty std items

Before taking it out - I think I will pump some grease into the unit to see if it expands. This would hopefully show if it is completely seized before removing, then I can try and move the digger to a more accessible location by means of the boom and other track, because if it rains - its gonna get messy in the field.

Comment

Before taking it out - I think I will pump some grease into the unit to see if it expands. This would hopefully show if it is completely seized before removing, then I can try and move the digger to a more accessible location by means of the boom and other track, because if it rains - its gonna get messy in the field.
                Sounds like a plan to me ...... this dryness can't last for ever ....... for sure

Don't forget to take yer track wiv yer

Comment

Don't forget to take yer track wiv yer
                  One will try - but I can't promise mind. Newbie Driver Alert - may even land up with no tracks on the beast if the other side is the same

Comment

One will try - but I can't promise mind. Newbie Driver Alert - may even land up with no tracks on the beast if the other side is the same
                    Now that would be a real pisser ....... it'd be time to lay out some rails at that point ..... or call in Mr Pyro

fancy a trip to Leicester, Stock??

Comment

Would deffo be a pisser - it would just cap it all off!!!

Anyhoo - all part of the journey as they say, shame I haven't got me a workshop built yet

Comment

Would deffo be a pisser - it would just cap it all off!!!

Anyhoo - all part of the journey as they say, shame I haven't got me a workshop built yet

You too !! ........ must be catching ....... getting closer/going in the right direction though .... this end

Comment

Well - one managed the limp to the harder ground. Didn't leave the track behind, but it did come off both ends, so can pull the idler out easier now

20160726_175143.jpg

On closer examination - the idler was as far back as it could go, so doth that mean the track is fairly new and not stretched? Also - the idler does move freely in the track, as you can see it is about 125mm out of the runner now:

20160726_175123.jpg

Comment

You too !!

Unfortunately yes - One doth have some plans for a full workshop (eventually), once the house / stables etc are completely finished. I can then get more toys to play with, as I would like to eventually line bore the worn boom and insert new bushes etc to bring the boom accuracy etc back to as near to factory std as possible

Plus, I would like to redesign the fuel tank / hydraulic cover - as it is removable in one piece, which is a PITS - so modular design will aid repairs etc

Jay

Comment

Well - one managed the limp to the harder ground. Didn't leave the track behind, but it did come off both ends, so can pull the idler out easier now

On closer examination - the idler was as far back as it could go, so doth that mean the track is fairly new and not stretched? Also - the idler does move freely in the track, as you can see it is about 125mm out of the runner now:

was thinking the other day the chains don't look bad on there and those plates / pads don't look half bad to me either

Reckon the first thing you need to do is sort out/re-con that idler so's all is performing as it should ....... if it was that far back in you may have a fight on yer hands to get that back on without splitting it? I'm no expert on tracks though ..... what you reckon Ian?

Comment

Unfortunately yes - One doth have some plans for a full workshop (eventually), once the house / stables etc are completely finished. I can then get more toys to play with, as I would like to eventually line bore the worn boom and insert new bushes etc to bring the boom accuracy etc back to as near to factory std as possible

Plus, I would like to redesign the fuel tank / hydraulic cover - as it is removable in one piece, which is a PITS - so modular design will aid repairs etc

Jay
                                it's a long road though eh

Comment

Working...
                                X