Stewartbob EC15 Solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Jobs a good 'un then .... think they are about 70 beer vouchers ... btw ..reason I was asking earlier if yours was XT model (which has double speed travel) is cos it uses the same solenoid for the high travel speed that you can rob for the main hydraulics just to get you going again
    seventy quid!! for a solenoid, FFS what do they look like ?? .... they NASA spec or what
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      seventy quid!! for a solenoid, FFS what do they look like ?? .... they NASA spec or what

Er .... obviously not .... or they wouldn't melt
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        Ive spent years trying to source all the stuff Volvo sells for over inflated money because they are a rip off, and there are plenty of posts Ive made here to highlight the fact and with success stories about finding alternatives. I'd expect that part to cost about £9 at source tops ... but whaddya do ? ... they make sure that who ever makes them, leave very few marks on the product so you cant do a cross match easily
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ive spent years trying to source all the stuff Volvo sells for over inflated money because they are a rip off, and there are plenty of posts Ive made here to highlight the fact and with success stories about finding alternatives. I'd expect that part to cost about £9 at source tops ... but whaddya do ? ... they make sure that who ever makes them, leave very few marks on the product so you cant do a cross match easily
          Yes. It takes some time to investigate and sometimes all the capabilities of Sherlock Holmes are needed but finally by combining various sources there is an equivalent. Volvo for sure doesnt manufacture solenoids by themselves.

Comment

ec15b

good morning muz, i fitted the new coil yesterday, cost me £87 beer tokens, and apparently volvo have made an upgrade to this part, it is no longer a 12v class f, its now a 14v class h, anyway it works a treat. but i would like to thank you and all the guys for all your help and advice with this, without this i would never of been able to make this repair on my own, you are a credit to this site. many many thanks , stewartbob.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewartbob View Post
              good morning muz, i fitted the new coil yesterday, cost me £87 beer tokens, and apparently volvo have made an upgrade to this part, it is no longer a 12v class f, its now a 14v class h, anyway it works a treat. but i would like to thank you and all the guys for all your help and advice with this, without this i would never of been able to make this repair on my own, you are a credit to this site. many many thanks , stewartbob.
              No problem, glad you got it sorted
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
              X