No announcement yet.

Winter gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all at the same level Ian, I'll do a video of how we backfill on Monday or Tuesday and I've got one last road crossing to do too. I'll probably be backfilling the trenches till Wednesday or so and probably won't get any help doing it either. And you'll be surprised by how cheap they do it too. If you like Muz I'll get you some more pics of the coupler without the bucket on and how it's put together prior to digging or ripping.

Comment

Yeesh no new posts the last couple days... Anyway I took some pictures of the coupler by itself for you Muz and made a video of how the bucket is attached I used my head mounted camera so it's not the best but you should be able to get the gist of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZxE5...1&feature=plcp
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bert , I was going to ask why you did not use the ripper to clean the bucket out , but i saw on facebook you said you could not hold the bucket still to make the ripper work .

Comment

Yeah it just slides around on the ice and snow, if I had a pin grabber I could of reversed it and got the loader/backhoe to clean it out. lol

Comment

Wow .. thanks for posting .. what an absolute drag .. as you might say ! I managed to eat my whole breakfast whilst you changed that bucket over .. Firstly, I'm not sure that design would be allowed in the HSE mad UK, and secondly, there wouldnt be many plant men here that would put up with that amount of hassle to change a bucket .. it would be faster pulling the pins out of the digger .. of all the three designs I'm currently using all of them are way quicker than that, maybe not with such a tight lock up, but better hitches IMHO .. the best of all is miller bug hitch from bucket off to bucket on and locked takes about 10 seconds if you grab it straight away
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I very much like those Miller hitches and twinlocks, and Its something I will definetly be looking at when I do eventually buy a machine (The Bobcat E60 I drive would be a Ideal machine If I won the lottery) With the set of geth buckets It makes a tidy unit and is nice to be able to flip a bucket round in seconds.

We also have those Harford Wedgelock type things courtsey of CBL. I have quickly developed a hatrid for them. I swear there slower than changing bloody pins. But they do give another angle of operation with the auger :p

Likewise I think the lowest spec Q/A I'd be happy with is a Semi Quickhitch. Simple, Pretty Indestructable and solong as the owner is not a Tightarse and buys a set of buckets with pins in the right place there As Quick as A Miller.
              http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Well no problem guys I like being able to discuss these things. Maybe if you fellas don't mind post some pictures of the quick hitches that you have available in the U.K. and Australia and for Pete's sake you guys gotta start posting some videos too you've all heard my Canadian accent eh? I'd love to hear yours. lol I should add I ran into a machine I think that got lost from the U.K. today a JCB 3CX that was backfilling a basement near where I was working and I made a couple more videos that I'll have to post later I played with a Case 580 Super M late this afternoon.

Comment

Bert I can safely say if you showed up on a site here with that set up you might last until the 10 o clock tea before you would be sent packing.What I notice about the pin grabber type is the correct bucket is always used as it is so fast and easy to change.................
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                    Well no problem guys I like being able to discuss these things. Maybe if you fellas don't mind post some pictures of the quick hitches that you have available in the U.K. and Australia and for Pete's sake you guys gotta start posting some videos too you've all heard my Canadian accent eh? I'd love to hear yours.
                    Absolutely fella thats what forums are all about I will get some pics of the others I use, vid is another matter, I asume you guys have decent internet upload speeds, unluck us in the uk, it would have taken me an hour or so to up load that last clip, plus you got the right gear, with the head cam and all .. but I will try to make more of an effort, sure I have a vid hosting set up somewhere too
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

What I love about the full hydralic buckets is the ability to flip it round in seconds which means I can very effectively Bulldoze so to speak when clearing or trying to make Pads, rightly or wrongly it makes the work alot quicker.
                      http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Well here is my first ever forum Vid .. anywhere ...

Its from a hand held iphone 4s which shoots very high quality but .. that depends on how steady you hold it in one hand whilst operating the digger

But it maybe gives you guys a close up of the Miller hitch and ofcourse my (first time aired) dulcet tones

Now .. youtube said is was still processing some bits of this because I assume it was large .. you might need to wait a bit after this post if it doesnt show up straight away and I might say this took 2 hours to upload

Comment

Well done Muz ,"Crakin" ,and we could even understand the accent ,now "chillax china" ? ......

Ha ,my post was well after yours but precedes it in "Time And Space" as well .........BUGS .......

Comment

Muz Ol Mate , Your a man after me own Heart . Machine has Dirt on it , Why ,because it is a working machine .
                            The machine has Grease on it , and when you touch something you get grease on ya ,Shows it gets serviced .

Comment

Weil doon deear Muz lourv the accent...........well done on the vid pity you got all greasy at it......................................
                              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Oh and thanxs lads :D

Comment

Working...
                                X