No announcement yet.

Winter gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce could you bring your utilities up along your driveway so you don't have to cut down all those trees? Sometimes those corridors look so unsightly cutting across property. Do you still see many trenchers in your neck of the woods? Here they've just about disappeared, still some cable plows around and even the big ones mounted on D8 dozers. They're pretty hard to beat when you've got a lot of cable or pipe to put in the ground over a long distance they just dont do well in rocks. lol

Comment

I have done and will be doing alot of treching for cables and water pipes. I was just looking to see if there is another option that will be low impact and maybe faster than the digger.

Comment

Jim , You could try something like this , But could just turn the ground over there into a big sloppy Jelly .
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYsg8yIka0

Comment

Nice job Bert. I wish my building was going up as fast as they are there. I guess the difference is that I am just a low-volume consumer as opposed to the big boys who build several houses at once. I'm still waiting to hear back from the electric utility after I met with him a few weeks ago.

Comment

Well if it makes you feel better Bruce I don't think you'd want these guys building your house I'm no carpenter or framer myself but man they waste a lot of wood and OSB. Good things sometimes take time I guess. :-)

Comment

Here's some pictures of equipment at the shop. They had one of they're off-highway pole trucks stripped down for a complete overhaul, they had it partially reassembled when I got to go there. They also have a powered wheelbarrow and a mini-track loader for working in tight places like between buildings and in back alleys. The crew I work on does mostly underground work so they didn't have any pole equipment like what Rory might encounter. I sadly only had my blackberry to take pictures and the bloody thing was acting up. I'm hoping to get an Iphone come this summer. I also got some pictures of they're Vermeer chain trencher that cost somewhere around $300,000 and only got used a few times as management felt that hiring an excavator is better somehow. Good for me I guess but a waste for rate payers.
              Attached Files

Comment

Well I got a call from my boss today that I can't take any pictures or video of the work I'm doing these days. I guess the companies we're working for doesn't like photographic evidence that they do the bare minimum. lol So I've taken down the youtube videos that I made and even deleted them off of my hard drive in case they try to get legal or anything, Muz if you don't mind could you remove the photos I posted so they can't try to google them off the net?

Comment

Don't you love it.

Comment

Yeah that seems to be the way in the great white north these days. Right now there is a big scandal with the federal facist conservative party that they were trying to mislead voters last year at election time as to where the voting stations were. But you know the worst thing that could come out of that is a byelection. But if ordinary hard working people try to post educational videos of the work they do they get shit on for it. lol

Comment

Bert, I guess this is all the more reason to endeavor to start your own business. Then you can video anything you want (within reason).

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                        Muz if you don't mind could you remove the photos I posted so they can't try to google them off the net?
                        Sure, no problem, dya think they would really be that bothered though ? and if so, I take it you mean only photos of sites you've been on, where you can see a part of the site? so a bucket or digger shot would be ok, and is it just this thread ?
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yeah just this thread, just to cover my arse unless you've got some magic to hide these pictures from the general public. My other pictures of other job sites have nothing to do with these stupid people so I wouldn't worry about that. Yeah Bruce my wife and I want to pay off her student loans and the quad then we'll be in better position to buy our own equipment. Nobody from this company has said anything to me yet, but these people do tend to be quite cowardly and prefer general backstabbing and backroom dealings over actually confronting somebody head on especially with a guy who likes to solve problems with a left hook. lol

Comment

Yeah just this thread, just to cover my arse unless you've got some magic to hide these pictures from the general public. My other pictures of other job sites have nothing to do with these stupid people so I wouldn't worry about that. Yeah Bruce my wife and I want to pay off her student loans and the quad then we'll be in better position to buy our own equipment. Nobody from this company has said anything to me yet, but these people do tend to be quite cowardly and prefer general backstabbing and backroom dealings over actually confronting somebody head on especially with a guy who likes to solve problems with a left hook. lol
                            Ok dude .. various photos and one incriminating post removed .. If anything else needs done just let me know mate

And dont lose heart .. your pic/vid input was much appreciated by all of us you were my inspiration for my first vid because of this thread ......
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz much appreciated. Maybe in the future when I'm doing my own thing or working for Brunet I'll make some more videos the guys there didn't mind and were really pleasant fellows to work for. Even my boss didn't mind it's just the dummy's they work for. lol

Comment

Thanks Muz much appreciated. Maybe in the future when I'm doing my own thing or working for Brunet I'll make some more videos the guys there didn't mind and were really pleasant fellows to work for. Even my boss didn't mind it's just the dummy's they work for. lol
                                Well I found out from my boss that Manitoba Hydro doesn't want me on their job sites because I made those videos I guess somehow I make them look bad? The job was coming to an end anyway once this job site was over they wouldn't have any excavator work until next winter apparently. The bosses are fighting with them as they have a difficult time getting decent excavator operators.

Comment

Working...
                                X