Old Fordsons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    So Muz , Are they still in use, AL A farm work , ,Or do they sit round looking nice and started on the odd occassion .?
    Yep 3 of them are .. the only one that isnt is the '49 E27N .. I really need to get it out of the shed for a blast The P6 sounds amazing !! but its got a slow on one of its cast Iron fronts .. and I dont know if youve ever man handled one of them but its a crane job
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      *edit* just bought 2 new rims for the old girl .. nice fat 14x30's with weights for the loader .. will post a pic when I'm done !

Paid 300 quid from Richard Pocock who said they were good rims but they werent .. spray painter blasted a hole in them with his shot blaster .. sigh....... so I gas welded that and fixed it with a nice stick finish and buff back to profile, repainted and finally got them tyred up today .. will post a pic when Ive fitted them to the tractor
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Don't you love it when you get "good " parts like that. Bought a second hand head for our Komatsu dozer ..Guy said the head would be complete ,minus injectors . Got the head ,but with a heap of broken off bolts that hold the injectors in , and no precombustion chambers . Was going to cost who knows how much to get the bolts out {broke off in the head with about 2 1/2 inches of bolt before it screwed into the head . Guy refused to take the head back .Ended up buyiing a brand new head .

Look forward to seeing photos with its new boots on .

Comment

Well heres the before and after The original tractor was fitted with 600 cast iron fronts which was a pig to handle with the loader so I changed them to 750's, and the rears were 11x36, full of salt water so I changed them for the fatter 14x30's which were cost options at the time the machine was built, and fitted the ballast weights, so the ride on the road is better compared to tyres fill with water
          Attached Files

Comment

So Muz , Do you take them to shows ? .We have been to a rally on the weekend . Took the cat D24u ,Cat D47U , and Fowler VF .

Comment

So Muz , Do you take them to shows ? .We have been to a rally on the weekend . Took the cat D24u ,Cat D47U , and Fowler VF .
              You know I feel bad that I dont .. cos its a good example of its kind .. but whilst I go to some shows and look at everyones elses kit .. I can walk past just as much because so much of it is same old same old .. plus .. you pretty much have to 'stand guard' over the kit because some light fingered types will take the odd 'pin' here or there if you arent looking .. you ever had that problem ?

Comment

No Mate , I guess we have a better class of exconvicts out here.

A mate of mine went out to Mount Isa . He stopped at a little town way outback somewhere , That has a display of old machinery in a park beside the road . He videoed the machines for us to look at , There were hundreds of machines there and the video showed them all complete . No oil filler caps dipsticks carby or maggys missing .

Mind you like every where , there are bad eggs . Spoke to a guy that has an old D2 stitting in the trees near a road .. He has cattle on the place and does not live there . Went out one day to check the cattle , as he drove past the D2 something caught his eye that was diferent . He walked over to have a look and there was a nice 3/4 drive socket set sitting there . He looked the machine over and could not see any thing missing . He called out to them , and got no reply so took the socket set to keep it safe . Some one could have pinched it sitting there like that

Comment

The E27s fitted with the P6 are a pretty collectable and desirable tractor i hear . So you got any photos of the old girls earning their keep ?

Comment

The E27s fitted with the P6 are a pretty collectable and desirable tractor i hear . So you got any photos of the old girls earning their keep ?
                    Yeah I'll need to get the P6 out of the shed for a run .. Its the contractors model with high top gear and electric start .. no lights though, and a totally original machine .. never been touched so its the top grade the vintage guys look for, never hard worked neither, spent years on a golf course .. but its a bitch to drive, what with the clutch and brakes the wrong way round

Comment

Working...
                    X