Slowly, slowly...CPHQ update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly, slowly...CPHQ update

Another week spent out on the house site. I have been in the process of closing the soffits and installing fascia. I am using a product called LP Smartside, which is essentially a 3/8" OSB panel 24" x 16" with vents cut into it. I am then capping the fascia with aluminum to match. My carpenter brought over a hay wagon upon which we installed our scaffolding. It allows for a fairly quick reset when we finish a section. Here's a view of the contraption (far right) and the results of our efforts this week. And the answer to the question: "No I am not moved in yet."
    Attached Files

Hey Bruce nice to hear from you again and beautiful house, I wish I could afford to build my own place I've had an idea for a barn with a section for my toys (ATV etc.) and a section for my trains and models. Your lucky you've got such nice weather to work in, we had a few days of relatively mild weather and then real winter came back with a vengeance I think I've got start thinking seriously about getting a machine as my quad plow just isn't enough. lol

Comment

Nice to see an update mate , when do you think you will actually move in ? or is that a really sore point

Comment

Probably Christmas ,just as well it comes every year ..... Bruce you still need to get the chainsaw and drop those close trees .....

Comment

The move in date is really not a sore spot, only a deadline that I impose on myself to accentuate the frustration that I am mostly working with very little additional help. A house this size should have a crew of at least 4 carpenters to make things go along smoothly. I have one carpenter and the 20 year old kid who is just now learning to drive nails with a hammer.

Comment

Working...
          X