No announcement yet.

This is our working gear From OZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you have a fair bit of kit there Ian I have a few myself but a lot of them are the same .. like 8 x 1.5 tonners, and 6 x 3 tonners etc

so are you guys what we would call general contractors really ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I don't know what you would call us Muz , As long as its not late to lunch.

We don't do contract work , which , is what you guys and the americans seem to do a lot of .

We do Hourly hire work . . Level house sites , Dig footings , dig sewers , fill the house floors ready for concrete .. Dig swimming pool holes .We dig dams for people on larger propertys .. Bit of anything really .

Comment

This Is the Graders . Allis Chalmers DD and Cat 120G
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice documentation of you collection Ian. One of these days, I will gather all of mine up from the 3 other locales where they have been and bring them to the CPHQ. I'd like to get a complete lineup like yours.

Comment

I did that once years ago with all my diggers from the 3/4 tonner up to a six which was the biggest at the time, but its a lot of hassle to get them all .. cos the plan is not to have them all off hire at once ! but yea keep the photos comin' guys .. I'll see if I can find that one and scan it in
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

This is one of the skid steers ,New Holland LS170,We also have a Mustang 960 ,Toyota SDK8 and An SDK4d6 013.jpg

Comment

Great pictures Ian so that JCB 8 tonner is the one that's driving you nuts or driving you to buy another Hitachi? lol How do you like the New Holland skid steer? They're pretty popular out here but usually on tracks.

Comment

It most certainly is Bert ..Its a great machine ,just got one problem ,built by Poms {english }. The New Hollands are a lot more stable machine than most skid steers .The longer wheel base makes a big difference .

Comment

Any trouble with the drive chains Ian?? the last skid I drove was a Belle and a powerful yoke it was...............
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Have never seen a belle , but heard of them . They have 4 drive motors and no chains . Mate's toyota B/cat had 8000 hours on it ,still on original chains . The mustang 960 will break them regularly if its abused . WE have had the new holland for 6 or 7 years ,with no problems yet .

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                        Any trouble with the drive chains Ian?? the last skid I drove was a Belle and a powerful yoke it was...............
                        Do we have a photo of this ???You in a skid steer i would like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                          Do we have a photo of this ???You in a skid steer i would like to see.
                          OOOOH! that was back when I was half the man I am to day and used to smoke like the proverbial chimney...............
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            OOOOH! that was back when I was half the man I am to day and used to smoke like the proverbial chimney...............
                            Just aswell I didnt get a vid of me dancing in one that I used .. bumping off the front axle to the back with a full bucket of road planings and spinning around .. it all ended in tears when I up ended it .. and chucked the entire bucket up over meself .. what a muppet

Comment

The ground look very dry, fantastic machines.

Comment

Hi Chris , Yes most of the time we are fighting clouds of dust .

Comment

Working...
                                X