No announcement yet.

Interesting guns ,If your in to them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think perhaps the problem is he is Left handed ,a righty wouldn't have any trouble ......

The whole world should be right ...

Comment

Ummm ,If he was left handed ,Wouldn't he be pulling the trigger with his left hand ,not his right ?

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        Ummm ,If he was left handed ,Wouldn't he be pulling the trigger with his left hand ,not his right ?
        Ian, that's why you are the Brickies Mate and Wazza is just an Office Tea Boy

Comment

Bruce , Victorians are a bit SLoooow . Swishy comes from there to.

Comment

I guess I must be slow ,so why not use your right hand to work the action then as its only inches from the breech ????? .......

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
              I guess I must be slow ,so why not use your right hand to work the action then as its only inches from the breech ????? .......

One things for sure .. if he put it in the other shoulder, he would be eating a lot of 5.56mm brass
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                Ian, that's why you are the Brickies Mate and Wazza is just an Office Tea Boy
                It is what we queenslander ,Also known as the smart state have to put up with Bruce Them Victorians are a bit S...L....ooooooo....w .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                  Bruce , Victorians are a bit SLoooow . Swishy comes from there to.
                  I guess we will be nice and explain things reallllll sloooowwww.

Tactically, when changing mags and charging the chamber, you want to keep your finger near the trigger for a fast shot. (translation for the slow vics, it means the bad guys are going to shoot you dead if you aren't ready. )

In reality, most assault weapons are predominantly right hand ejectors and bolts, so the argument is sort of limited. For instance, an automatic pistol (1911, Beretta, etc.) can be manipulated quickly with a thumb latch mag release operated with the shooting hand while the off hand is reaching for a fresh mag. Once the new mag is inserted, the off hand can pull the slide back and recharge the weapon, all without removing your eyes from the sight or your fingers from the trigger. In long guns, most mag changes can be effected with the shooting hand trigger finger to release the empty and reload with the off hand. The trouble is there is no slide like an automatic, so you need to either reach over the action while keeping on target and manipulate the bolt, or drop the weapon from the firing line, twist it and charge the bolt, then raise back to firing. Unfortuantely, our Mr. Russia made it look good when he was advancing on the target, but he erred when he dropped the weapon, then lifted it back for more 3 shot bursts. He's seen too many movies with Rambo.

Comment

If someone was reloading with their finger still on the trigger near me I might shoot them myself before they accidentally shoot me ....
                    But I do understand what you are getting at Bruce ,just stay away from me while you are doing it

Comment

Anyone ever seen this guy ?

Comment

If someone was reloading with their finger still on the trigger near me I might shoot them myself before they accidentally shoot me ....
                        But I do understand what you are getting at Bruce ,just stay away from me while you are doing it

Absolutley right, that's why you train tactics. It's also why I said "...you want to keep your finger near the trigger..."
                        I get so P.O.d whenever I see TV shows and movies depicting an action hero with his finger poised on the trigger when not actually pointing the gun at something. I also get a real laugh when every action shot shows the gun-toting crew cycling the actions to load a fresh shell into the chamber. Anytime I ever shot an auto-load weapon, provided I didn't just insert new a new magazine, there was a round already loaded with the safety on.

Comment

Hell Yeah !!

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Heh heh heh... There are a LOT of problems I would love to solve that way.

Comment

I am a fire arms holder I currently have a .22 C.Z with sound moderator and a .17HMR C.Z With sound moderator. I shoot alot. Over the summer of last year i shot abpprox 650 rabbits on local farms. I got myself a little Daihatsu Terios that i use to go round the fields. Its not mot'd so i move it on the trailer i use to move my digger on behind my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                                I am a fire arms holder I currently have a .22 C.Z with sound moderator and a .17HMR C.Z With sound moderator.
                                Ive always fancied one of those .17's .... its a tiny round but pretty effective IMHO ... and flat shooting too IIRC .. would that be right Jim ?

Comment

Working...
                                X