Main casting of my JCB 8018 Broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
    It loooked like a clean break. I wasnt even digging when it actually snapped i was tracking over the road!:bored:
    And the machine would be 200% useless with that kind of fault too ... what a hassle like I said earlier .

why dont you bring this thread to JCB's attenetion that should work

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      And the machine would be 200% useless with that kind of fault too ... what a hassle like I said earlier .

why dont you bring this thread to JCB's attenetion that should work
      I will see what they come away with first. Trouble is like i said before the machine is financed (through JCB) so if t can work then it cant make money then it cant be paid for!

Comment

As was said earlier in this thread about manufacturers ,they always claim they have never seen that type of fault before or any faults for that matter .
        Any statistics collected by JCB on product design defects or failures would never see the light of day, but would exist somewhere under very tight security ......

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
          Any statistics collected by JCB on product design defects or failures would never see the light of day, ....
          There are not statistics Wazz cause no machine ever broke down of it own volition, every driver under the sun that operates is a vandal who goes out to wreck every piece of equipment they are given. But the manufacturers are angles as are the main dealers " that the first time I've seen that " is ubiquitous to them must be part of their training .............
          Even Ford refused to believe that they had a issue with tractor blocks going porous it was the operators fault, saw a main pin snap on on a Samsung once the begger had 150 hrs on it and no it had never happened before bent the mounts and cab . the owner had to go for law to get it sorted. there was a mengele silage harvester that threw off all the knives with twenty acres on it from new sheared all the bolts list is endless...................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            There are not statistics Wazz cause no machine ever broke down of it own volition, every driver under the sun that operates is a vandal who goes out to wreck every piece of equipment they are given. But the manufacturers are angles as are the main dealers " that the first time I've seen that " is ubiquitous to them must be part of their training .............
            Even Ford refused to believe that they had a issue with tractor blocks going porous it was the operators fault, saw a main pin snap on on a Samsung once the begger had 150 hrs on it and no it had never happened before bent the mounts and cab . the owner had to go for law to get it sorted. there was a mengele silage harvester that threw off all the knives with twenty acres on it from new sheared all the bolts list is endless...................
            Good post ! Its all true

I'm the same, the number of times i've had the 'oh Ive never seen that' story is endless
            Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Well the pictures i posted up here have been emailed to JCb so just waiting for them to have a look and see what they say!

Comment

Reply from JCB

Dear Sir,
                Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issue you are having with mini excavator manufactured by us. We have pass you pictures on to our technical department who are to investigate this issue. Please keep in touch with us as we try to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your custom and please feel free contact us at any time

Regards
                Tim Burnhope
                Group Managing Director for Product Development and Commercial Operations

Comment

Yeah thats probably what i'll get but i dont like taking no for an answer lol!!

Comment

Jim Possibly the problem may have something to do with the amount of steel being recycled and reused .I know a guy that runs an engineering shop . As most of the steel now comes out of china . He says welding and bending this steel is now a nightmare . There is no consistancey in it .

Comment

Well I have gotten somehwere! JCB will supply me with a new casting all painted etc but i have to fit it myself! Its estimated @ 3 days of labour! I have asked if they will come abit with the labour so will wait and see! Atleast they didnt just say feck off!!

Comment

Isnt it actually the whole base frame of the upper superstructure ? ... so you would need to basically remove everything above the slew ring ?
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

We will of course require pictures of the surgery when it does happen.........................

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            We will of course require pictures of the surgery when it does happen.........................
                            Ofcourse Jim ... every detail

Meant to say ... well done anyway lad
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              Isnt it actually the whole base frame of the upper superstructure ? ... so you would need to basically remove everything above the slew ring ?
                              yup as far as i can see its everything above the tracks has to come off!!

Comment

Aye thats a job and a half, but dooable .... should bring it down to muz's yard Jim ,he'd do it for you ... and we could document it for the benefit of JCB, but .. he hates em with a passion, so maybe thats not a good idea

Comment

Working...
                                X