No announcement yet.

Main casting of my JCB 8018 Broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a very interesting call from a gentleman called Kevin today. He has had the same issue as me in the same place and the interesting thing is his machine is a 2005! He looked up google today and came across this thread so he gave me a call and we had a lengthy discussion on the matter. Seems strange that 2 machines of the same age have now had the same fault that we know about! I suggest JCB have a recall of all 2005 JCB 8018s and repair them freeof charge

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
      He looked up google today and came across this thread so he gave me a call
      The power of the internet
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        The power of the internet
        And not forgetting your wonderful forum!!

Comment

And not forgetting your wonderful forum!!
          Cheers man .... the way its supposed to work is that if the site is properly hosted, and set up accordingly, the search engines examine the sites (forum) content, so that when a person googles an issue such as yours, the search engine displays topics internetwide, about that issue, including forum pages, and thats how he found us. This is one of the things I hoped the forum could become, a useful resource for exactly that purpose .... hopefully once that process continues, and more topics get added, its growth should be exponential, up to a point.
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Had a very interesting call from a gentleman called Kevin today. He has had the same issue as me in the same place and the interesting thing is his machine is a 2005! He looked up google today and came across this thread so he gave me a call and we had a lengthy discussion on the matter. Seems strange that 2 machines of the same age have now had the same fault that we know about! I suggest JCB have a recall of all 2005 JCB 8018s and repair them freeof charge
            Any update on this one mate?
            I Pull for a living

Comment

No I am afraid not. What with buying the tractor and some other stuff I ain't had the cash to put it in to JCB to get the casting replaced. It's been welded and is holding up fine. I just can't face with parting £2000 and not seeing any difference!!!!

Comment

. I just can't face with parting £2000 and not seeing any difference!!!!
                Is that what they want for the new part ? or is that a job cost to do it ?

Comment

The part was free but the job was going to cost that much! As I am not VAT registered I don't get the VAT back so make everything more expensive for me!!

Comment

The part was free but the job was going to cost that much! As I am not VAT registered I don't get the VAT back so make everything more expensive for me!!
                    Yaaaa .. thats a big bill for a fitters time ... I know its a big job though .. what a PITA

Comment

You need an old timer with a workshop for a job like that Jim ....... them ol' boys be happy to keep shiftin' spanners and take some 'Jack Daniels' and have your job done as a pleasure rather than a chore

Comment

Casting broke again today!! So it's back at the blacksmiths awaiting welding!!

Comment

mmmnn ... think it will need to be plus engineered to last Jim ... or replaced .... hey a nice winter job for you

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            mmmnn ... think it will need to be plus engineered to last Jim ... or replaced .... hey a nice winter job for you
                            I got 130 hours out of the last welds!

blacksmith is going to look at strengthening it. Replacing it is not an option the now cos I am skint!!!

Comment

Ok gentleman here is the newly welded main casting off my digger! Here is also the stay that the blacksmith put on for strength.

Comment

Oh and I think I might be able to claim this casting off my insurance and get it sorted that way!

Comment

Working...
                                X