No announcement yet.

1 RB's home made toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sooner the rain cause that dust shurre do chafe the nether regions............
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      I sooner the rain cause that dust shurre do chafe the nether regions............
      I'd take a couple of weeks of chafing mate - we haven't seen it dry here - properly dry, in months
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Come on chum, it's WALES, what do you expect

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
          Come on chum, it's WALES, what do you expect
          The odd dry spell, just occasionally

No doubt that our weather has changed dramatically over the last 50 years - used to have 'seasons' (remember them) when I was a kid.
          Even the last 5 years have been noticeably different.
          Just keeps on getting wetter .......... and wetter ................................ and wetter .... pass the snorkel!!
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            The odd dry spell, just occasionally

No doubt that our weather has changed dramatically over the last 50 years - used to have 'seasons' (remember them) when I was a kid.
            Even the last 5 years have been noticeably different.
            Just keeps on getting wetter .......... and wetter ................................ and wetter .... pass the snorkel!!
            Well at least there be mountains with dragons that ye can shelter in........

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              Well at least there be mountains with dragons that ye can shelter in........
              You ever tried sheltering in a dragon!!!!!

Comment

I'd thought I'd put some pictures up of the latest project to leave the work shop, a timber trailer. It was built for a job In Maidenhead
                image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Draged the chassis out of a hedge, replaced the wheel bearings, new rims & tyres, set of bolsters made from channel, RSJ & some half inch plate. Bolted a tow hitch to the back to tow a wood chipper around site.
                fitted some LED lights & it's the only trailer I've got with a number plate, ready for a bit of a road test to see if it's any good

Comment

Sweet job that.......................well done

Comment

Nice job although I can see you fitting some sort of guard inside the tyre edges to stop some knotty part of a trunk making contact ? maybe just the way it seems in the pics ?
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Awesome! It's a lot bigger than mine! see my thread that hopefully Muz will link in

i use use my Ifor Williams to get them back to the yard!

Comment

There was loads of room from the wood to the tyres till I fitted the over size tyres, now there is 2 inches, so I'll load it up in the week & see what happens.
                        This is prototype mark 1, if its shite I'll drag it in the workshop & add some bits of RSJ on top of the axle. If still no good the plasma will cut it up & mark 2 will sort it out

Comment

Originally posted by 1 RB View Post
                          This is prototype mark 1, if its shite I'll drag it in the workshop & add some bits of RSJ on top of the axle. If still no good the plasma will cut it up & mark 2 will sort it out
                          Well its all about trial and error No sense in undoing all your hard work though, .. would be easy to make a couple of knees, and weld some rails to them to keep lumpy bits of trunk away from the tyres ... when I think of some of my prototypes over the years lol lets say I have a healthy scrap bin/area
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg The trailer had a bit of a road test at the weekend & it worked really well, there was plenty of clearance between the tyres & wood. If your wandering why the trailer is on the front of the tractor it's so we could still use the boughton winch on the back to pull a few of the trees the way we wanted them to go, the wood only had to be moved a 200 meters ish then stacked for fire wood

Comment

I see an Engcon lurking in the wings in pic 3???

Yours?

What's it on.

Comment

It's a ec 02 with control system 9 (4 hose) fitted by John Craig on a Takeuchi tb 228
                                image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X