1 RB's home made toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thougt I better post an update because I haven't been on here for a while

i got some RSJ's & channel from a demo job & after a few cups of tea head scratching I came up with a design on a sheet of half inch plate with chalk.

i went to Sweden earlier in the year to maskin expo & see a few different designs one with a roller & one with a cutting edge on the back Which seemed to be easy to use because when you run out of stone to level you can spin the level bar around dig it into a heap & pick up some stone on the cutting edge spin around & place it in front of you to then level out.

the cutting edge I've used is hardox 450 1500 MM wide 15 MM thick by 250 MM deep & is real hard to try & grind the edges off so shouldn't wear out any time soon.

I've put little hooks on the back of the s40 mounting bracket so I can pick up the grading bar with the grading bucket & move it out of the way or on & off the lorry. There is also enough room to mount a magnetic Lazer receiver on the side
    image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
    I gave it a test run before painting it just to make sure everything was OK. It had a few layers of black oxide primer before 2k black top coat & few yellow stripes to look fancy.
    i just wander why didn't I make one before because this is really good on type 1 stone & top soil but I just need a bigger lorry to move all the attachments to the job now.

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpg
      The pictures didn't load on the last post so I've redone them

Comment

Nice fabrications!
        Got a question bout something else tho, how does the rototilt work for you on a machine that size strength and speed wise?
        Never seen it on smaller machines than 5tons around here

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
          Nice fabrications!
          Got a question bout something else tho, how does the rototilt work for you on a machine that size strength and speed wise?
          Never seen it on smaller machines than 5tons around here

Its so handy on a little machine you can get under tree branches, down the sides of houses & general tight places wear you can't level your self up or slew much the tilty makes it possible to do the tightest of job without beating the machine up. My shovel hasn't been used in months & I don't need to pay a labourer to lean on a shovel watching me anymore so ived saved paying a wage & everything they seem to brake.

You do loose a bit of brake out force but I can wiggle the bucket around lumps of concrete or tree roots to get them out instead of brute force, if the going gits tough just flick the bucket off & put the ripper on & it handles that good

Comment

Originally posted by 1 RB View Post
            Its so handy on a little machine you can get under tree branches, down the sides of houses & general tight places wear you can't level your self up or slew much the tilty makes it possible to do the tightest of job without beating the machine up. My shovel hasn't been used in months & I don't need to pay a labourer to lean on a shovel watching me anymore so ived saved paying a wage & everything they seem to brake.

You do loose a bit of brake out force but I can wiggle the bucket around lumps of concrete or tree roots to get them out instead of brute force, if the going gits tough just flick the bucket off & put the ripper on & it handles that good
            So i take it handles it good then, despite the size!^^ I'm very used to rotortilts, only operated without it once for a couple of days, the last two years Just had to ask, cuz I'm thinking about buying something small to have around at home, and a rototilty is a must have for me! It's like missing 7 fingers without it

Comment

Interesting comments .. its on my christmas list if some slow/bad payers finally pay up
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hehe, be warned though Muz! Once you get there, there is no going back
                It's a big investment if it's not common in your area. You cant really charge more by the hour anyways.. Rentals here charge extra for one tho.
                Everyone here has one, so if you dont it's no good.
                If no one has it and you do, you'll just stick out a tad more.

Comment

My difficulty would be knowing what size to get ? not sure which would be best, and then , whether to put it out self drive its a lot on money to damage
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    My difficulty would be knowing what size to get ? not sure which would be best, and then , whether to put it out self drive its a lot on money to damage
                    Yeah. For the size you should ask whoever supplies them, they usually do the installing too. Have read alot of positive comments about some guy named John in the uk btw..
                    And ye, lots of money to damage. It's not hard nick a tilt cylinder, and they require daily greasing. Also, hammers kills them.. we usually disconnect it if using hammer, ripper or digging in anything that requires teethed bucket. These thing is easy to neglect if it's a rental

Comment

Yeah. For the size you should ask whoever supplies them, they usually do the installing too. Have read alot of positive comments about some guy named John in the uk btw..
                      And ye, lots of money to damage. It's not hard nick a tilt cylinder, and they require daily greasing. Also, hammers kills them.. we usually disconnect it if using hammer, ripper or digging in anything that requires teethed bucket. These thing is easy to neglect if it's a rental
                      Hummm,if you take it off for all those things,Pointless having one here,nothing soft enough here to dig without teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                        Hummm,if you take it off for all those things,Pointless having one here,nothing soft enough here to dig without teeth.
                        Is it all rocks over there?? Had in my mind it was mostly dirt and clay with river stones

Comment

Ah, just noticed Australia ianoz ;)
                          Anyways, rototilts will always lower your raw digging output by a significant amount. But it is not made for that either, it's for everything else.
                          Now 1RB migth want his thread back :p

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                            I only take my tilty off if I'm using the flail mower or concrete braker & that's only so I can get full hydraulic flow to them. I use a ripper tine under it no problem, I've got 5 tine timber grab that should be on a 8 tonner that opens to 4 feet so I manage to grab some big lumps & ive never had any problems under the engcon.

Tiltrotators come from Sweden & the place is solid rock everywhere so they can take a bit of stick but are not designed for opperator abuse by self drive hire unforgiving seat fillers

Comment

Originally posted by 1 RB View Post
                              but are not designed for opperator abuse by self drive hire unforgiving seat fillers
                              Noted .. It doesent matter how many times you get convinced by a good guy who says he'll look after it on self drive .. the guy after him just abuses it because its not his and he knows he can .. thats why I have to be like sherlock holms sometimes working out what the F**k the self drivers have done with my kit

Comment

John Craig .... JCC Engcon ..... your end of the country Muz
                                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                                X