my little volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my little volvo

Hello again to all on the forum, i wanted to start a new thread about my mini digger, and wanted to put some pictures up with it, but cant seem to work out how to attach pics, been trying for a while, not a good start i know. not only am i new to diggers but to forums as well. Any help would be appreciated..

Give me two minutes and try again .. new members have an automatic promotion policy before they can use all the forums features
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Today, 08:11 PM Give me two minutes and try again .. new members have an automatic promotion policy before they can use all the forums features
      Muz aren't you lucky you charge by the day because with minutes this long you never make a bob on the hour..........
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Thanks Muz, just had a look and is now working, will try to upload tonight or in the morning..

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Robby View Post
          Thanks Muz, just had a look and is now working, will try to upload tonight or in the morning..

Better do it now we're on the hour here ya know....................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

The suspense is killing me ......

Comment

At last im back, wasnt really keeping an eye on the replies last night to this thread, sorry...i hope your still alive wazza? First lesson in foruming learnt and that is "pay attention"! So with that in mind and promises made, here are a couple of photos taken during the sanding back, rust treating, and painting. I didnt mask all the hydrolics etc, as the machine had been resprayed with a can all over everything with nothing really protected, so i sprayed over what had already been sprayed over previously. The guy spraying is a carpenter freind who built his spray bay for spraying furniture.We used a two part epoxy paint, no primer, the idea was to clean her up not really make look like new, the results have come up well, im sure theres some things i probably should have done but didnt. This afternoon im going to bolt things back together so ill send some more pics this evening once its completed....just waiting on some decals in the post and a seat cover and shell look better than she has in years!!! I just hope she runs as well...Ps, you may have noticed a bunch of holes in the engine cover? i didnt realise that these were made by the previous owner, im guessing to try and keep the engine cool, as i bought the digger from the south of Spain where its HOT..i did ask if he had ever had any trouble with overheating and the reply was no. Theres alot more to tell, but i wont go on about that now, im guessing as thing progress and things explained i will understand more..Thanks and sorry for the waite!450.jpg489.jpg501.jpg505.jpg519.jpg526.jpg532.jpg537.jpg

Comment

Looking good Mate .

Comment

Does it run hot? If so try cleaning the radiator fins with a wide water blade from a power washer - works a treat

Comment

Thanks Jack.The good advice is coming in already! i will give them a good clean over the weekend, i was thinking of giving the machine a service, filter change and oil, any other things i can do while im at?

Comment

Yeah .. those machines have a little oil cooler that slots out from infront of the RAD ... the gap is quite close between them and you need to get the oil cooler out to clear stuff that gets caught between the two, and is not always visible till you tilt the oil cooler forward, then you need to clean the main rad totally so that you can see through it ALL OVER .. or as much as is physically possible.

On a digger of that hard use .. make sure the oil cooler is sealed, and dry, because if there is the smallest oil leak, it gets sucked through the main RAD and blocks it very very quickly

Nice pics fella .. good to see your work .. now you'll have to deal with those bent pipes ... if theres one thing I hate and makes a machine look really tatty its bent pipe work ... Just in my humble opinion
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Have just got back home with the digger, all put back together, ill load up some piuctures tomorrow of the finished product.Thanks for the advice muz, also those bent pipes have been bugging me from the moment i saw them.Im worried that if i try to straighten them, they may break? Or maybe i could take them off completley?and put the stop end thats on them at the base of the machine were they are connected?

Comment

Just a couple more pictures..digger finished 010.jpgdigger finished 011.jpgdigger finished 004.jpg

Comment

They definately WILL break if you bend 'em back .. the whole pipe will need to be replaced unless you're good with a gas welding torch.

Ive sleeved some sections before now with a pipe just bigger in diameter than the original and gas welded it to the original pipe, and got rid of the horrid bent bits.

Those two studs either side of the bucket ram hose used to have a clamp on them, which held the aux hoses onto the dipper, but clearly someones whacked them off

You could certainly blank them off if you dont think you need the Aux circuit

Comment

It looks nice and pretty

Another job would be to check the track tension as incorrectly fitted tracks can wear the undercarriage prematurely. It's lucky to have a new owner like you though.....it looks like TLC is in generous amounts

Comment

Working...
                              X