No announcement yet.

my little volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in front of the computer looking out the window at my digger, and thinking...your right Jack, this machine is going to need alot of TLC...I filled up the hydrolique oil yesterday evening as it was empty, i was sure that when i bought the machine it was bang on the level mark, any way i thought fill it up and check tomorrow...and sure as we are tomorrow the level has gone down! I guess this is the way im going to learn a bit more about hydroliques..should probably learn to spell it first...any how, cant see any leek on the trailer its been sitting on... havent had time to unload yet, so was just wondering what to do next? anybody? This is going to be a long thread, my little volvo, i can feel it

Comment

What oil did you use? ISO 36 or 46?............ Some times if tanks are low it may take a little time for the oil to level in the system...and then there is heat, position of the rams.....

Most of the bigger diggers require that the HYDRAULIC oil level be checked with the machine in the transport position (arm folded up with dipper and bucket ram fully open, lift cylinders closed as much as possible.) so if you filled it and manipulated the machine then the level may have dropped, be careful don't over fill...................
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Cant tell you what oils was put in as it was put by freinds brother who sprayed up the machine. He does maintanence on farm machinary and happened to be around yesterday when i put the digger back together, he had the oil in his van and filled up for me. Ill have a look in the morning see if its gone down any more, but he did say that the tank was completely empty when he filled it up...im pritty sure theres a leak.

Comment

Thanks for the HYDRAULIC spelling correction, is prc china?

Comment

Well if you sit it on a dry floor .. you'll soon see if theres a leak overnight . Personally I have the bucket infront sitting with its arse flat on the ground .. ie half crowded.. the dipper straight up and down.. the dozer blade down and no offset.

With this I expect to see the level at half way in the sight window .. all rams are at mid stroke.

I know some suggest all rams closed or open .. but all hydraulic tanks have spare capacity, and with my method.. nout has gone wrong in 25 years
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Robby View Post
              Thanks for the HYDRAULIC spelling correction, is prc china?
              China me .....donkey..................
              the real PRC

Peoples Republic of Cork.............http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cork_(city)

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                China me .....donkey..................
                the real PRC

Peoples Republic of Cork.............http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cork_(city)
                Ha ha ha ha....I don't even know where to start with that one! If Stock is Chinese I have a full head of hair!

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                  Ha ha ha ha....I don't even know where to start with that one! If Stock is Chinese I have a full head of hair!

AHH so you wan flied lice on 66???

Comment

Cork, i was hoping to pick up some chinese on the forum!ill settle for some good old irish comedy thats for sure,that is one funny guy!!Thanks for the advice on the parking of the machine muz, ive put here in the dry this morning, started up and spent a good while looking for any leaks, no joy...im going to leave it till this evening and have look then if theres any thing on the ground or round about...

Comment

Cork accent wikipedia:"the cork accent displays various features which sets it appart from other irish accents, patterns and tones lend themselves to chinese man speak english" i new there was a connection!

Comment

Alwright ill leave the comedy to those who can do it! but i wouldnt mind a bit more advice in regards to my hydrolics leak. I parked the machine up in the dry and started her up and tried looking for leaks but couldnt see any, so left her parked in recomended Muz position and left for around 6 hours.The level looked good so i did some work at my place for 20 minutes with the machine, parked it back up and resumed the Muz position. Checked the level and it was well over half, i guess due to heat... checked this morning 12 hours later and the level is 2 thirds full to the middle. As low as its been. Still no oil patches any where. I will leave the machine all weekend and just see if the level goes down, my question is, if theres a leak which i think there is, where would the oil go? where i would not see it leaking? and if there was a leak would i have seen it when operating the machine for those 20 minutes? Thanks any advice welcome,

Comment

The oil level in the tank will rise and fall all the time, thats why you have a reservoir, to hold a reserve and to allow fluctuations in level, and also to make sure the pump has a positive 'head' of pressure to keep it fed at all times if the digger is working on uneven surfaces.

Because each cylinder moves to various positions whilst the machine is at work, the volume of oil changes inside ithe cylinder as it does so, and this is reflected back at the tank. Have a look at the glass whilst someone works the machine and see

The machine may well have been low to start with, with all that dodgy pipe work, some might have been lost there whilst attachments were in use, but now youve topped it up it should be fine. Most oil leaks are readily apparent, due to the high working pressure of the machine
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks for the info, i think i need to relax and stop looking for problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Robby View Post
                              Thanks for the info, i think i need to relax and stop looking for problems.

Nah don't do that that is when they will get you unaware.........

Comment

Johny, you probably haven't got a HO leak but have you checked behind the travel motor covers?
                                1. Also, have you got any manuals/operator instructions?
                                2. Have you got a set of gauges to test the relief valve setting?

Comment

Working...
                                X