No announcement yet.

my little volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Jack,thanks for your reply, i do have the operators manual,i do not have have any gauges to measure the releif valve though, i did read your thread on this, are these gauges expensive and were can i get one? sounds like these are tools ill need to get the most out of the machine.I will check behind the travel motor covers later on as ive been using the machine and i guess i should let it cool down. The oil level looked ok this morning so i think i was just looking for trouble.. I did notice that the hydrolics on the boom and bucket were squeeking a bit, is this normal as its an older machine?Ive also cleaned out the radiator fins as advised earlier on etc, the amount of dust and dirt was massive. I can see through these fins nowso far so good!

Comment

I paid just under £80.00 for these Gauges and they are invaluable.
      As far as squeaking goes, if it's mechanical then the bushes need greasing or maybe they're getting worn out. If it's hydraulic then hopefully some one with more brains than I will suggest what it is.

Careful Fueling up
      Another big tip I got from P&C was that keeping fuel off the engine mounts will prolong the life of the rubber bushes.............and watch out for the fuel tank overflow..............I didn't

Comment

Ok thanks, yep its hydraulic...

Comment

.....just to add the squeeking came around after about 3 hours of working with the machine about a half hour of digging, didnt notice any difference in the performance..maybe im being over cautious again.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Robby View Post
            .....just to add the squeeking came around after about 3 hours of working with the machine about a half hour of digging, didnt notice any difference in the performance..maybe im being over cautious again.....?

Grease................
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

grease is the word....but the noise is coming from the rods squeeking as they move in and out of the cylinder...they felt pritty hot and only very slightly lubed up.....this may be normal?.the pins etc are well greased...

Comment

Ive got an idea...before i get on everybodies nerves, ill top up the hydraulic oil in the morning...when i last checked the level after letting the machine stand for 12 hours in the recomended position it was half way to half way on the glass gauge....maybe it just needs a top up and some initiative on my side?

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Robby View Post
                  grease is the word....but the noise is coming from the rods squeeking as they move in and out of the cylinder...they felt pritty hot and only very slightly lubed up........
                  The HO heats up as you work the services so the rods eventually warm up too - its normal, especially in warmer climes.
                  The seals on the rams should contain the HO so the rods should be dry. If heat is an issue though you'll know because the HO cooling radiator will be too hot to touch......., but if the reliefs are set correctly to the system pressure (170 bar give or take 5 bar) and the rad is clean then it should be fine.

Comment

OK... i am now convined i need to buy these hydraulic gauge testers, will be done tonight...thanks for the sound advice. The decals arrived today so ill stick them on tomorrow and post some pics. The next job on the list is to change the bucket pins and bushes for the bucket section including connecting links. I was quoted roughly 500 pounds plus vat from "Dig bits " also im waiting to hear from "evans and reid", im sure you fellas may have a recomendation or someone you like to work with, feels only right to keep it in the family...also really want to change those twisted pipes if you know of any one for that to would be handy...i know im in France, but parts in the UK are alot cheaper...so shipping costs dont matter to much...thanks

Comment

Dude .. chill out .. if your digger has a real fault .. we'll keep you right .. stop worrying .. dont waste your cash on things that are'nt neccessary
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ok Muz, im gana chill!i know im in good company here!!

Comment

Hello every one..thought id post the finished result of the digger respray with decals on.Also thought that the pictures may allow another hypochondriact digger question to be asked?The digger runs fine but there is a tapping coming from the hydraulic pump. It only taps when under pressure and when something is fully extended. The more power, the faster the tap. When im operating at 3/4 power i dont really hear it as the noise of the engine is louder and the taps are so quick, is this normal?im probably being paranoid again, i have been chilling, but just want to run it past you guys in case this is something? Also what is the amount of power i should operate the machine at ? for easy digging in sand for example? PS Stock, you where correct when you said GREESE...thanks!054.jpg057.jpg059.jpg060.jpg

Comment

Wow, that looks too good to use

The tapping...? Hmmmmm, are absolutely sure it's the HP? There is a bracket which supports the exhaust around the location of the HP - just a small elbow bracket - and if that isn't in the right place then there is a bit of a racket caused by vibration. Failing that I'm sure someone on P&C will suggest something

Comment

Thanks jack ill give that bracket a look,

Comment

Cracking job you've made there.

Comment

Working...
                                X