No announcement yet.

Well that's me hit 500 hours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am throwing in the towel with this leak and getting scot JCB to come fix the bloody thing!!!

Comment

Jim have a chat with your car mechanic they might be able to analyse the exhaust gases for glycol emissions....... if it leaking internally........
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        I am throwing in the towel with this leak and getting scot JCB to come fix the bloody thing!!!
        That could be costly Jim .. Usually its a leaking hose and the drip gets blasted over the engine and evaporates so you never see anything, or another common one is a leaking heater matrix, get it right hot and run it onto a clean sheet of plywood and leave it overnight inside a shed, that might show it up more easily I can usually tell by the smell of the engine if its a leak like that cos glycol has a particular smell when its heated and dried off.

Also theres quite often a valve in line to the heater matrix to stop hot water getting to the matrix in summer, and its usually a cheapy shitey thing, Ive seen a lot of them fail, but thats hard to spot as its usually bolted to the inside plastic bits of the cab ... or you could just throw a match on the fekin thing jim ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I like the match idea!!!

I am getting it serviced while they are out and see about the twin speed tracking too!

Comment

Well maybe if you've got enough steady work coming in Jim it's time to look at replacing it with a used Kubota or Takeuchi? I had another call yesterday this time to backfill a trench alongside a house that had the foundation dug up for waterproofing purposes. I declined cause it probably would of only taken a couple hours to do and I would of had to eaten a good part of the rental cost for a mini...which sure sucks. lol

Comment

I can't get rid of it till I pay it off!! Well more of it off at least!! I will get another one the same when I do change it, everyone deserves a second chance then after that if JCB fails to live up to my expectations and what it's supposed to then will look at other manufacturers.

got to say thought I won't be getting a Takeuchi as I just done like then, have driven them and thou they are good diggers I just don't like the inside of them they feel cheap and rubbish and I spend a lot of time in the cab of my digger working it so I like to feel comfy in the cab.

Comment

I am throwing in the towel with this leak
                That should dry it up atleast

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  The Bluebird was indeed a quality motor Rob ... much like the revamped Skoda (now Audi)

Just for shear knowledge sharing, did you know that Audi pass on their last engine platforms and components down to VW, VW hand them down to Skoda?

My boss has a brand new VW Passat with a B8 platform and my second car is an Audi 2005 with the same platform but with uprated suspensions and components etc. He was just told by the reps that they are the same cars basically (not) he's gutted.

Although a good motor, Skodas are way behind the rest of their brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob-b View Post
                    Skodas are way behind the rest of their brand.
                    Err not really

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-p...ly-cars/263078

Plus Audi also sell their tech to other manufacturers, not just the VAG group (if that still exists) for example the very succesful Volvo T5 engine (still in use today) which Tom Walkinshaw used so well 14 years ago was also and Audi product

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Err not really

Yes agree with that, I think you miss read my thread, the VAG brand is a very robust one and produce excellent cars from The Audi to the Skoda, my statement was that they hand down platforms (engines, chassis and components) to what they deem as the lesser models in order to maximise the product life. They price their vehicles accordingly, the VW is behind Audi and Skoda is behind VW hence way behind of the current innovations the brand has to offer. The rest of the motor has been cleverly re designed in terms of cover parts and interior design and marketed as an independant product.

General Joe public doesn't give a toss who owns what etc. and as long as the car meets their needs they don't care.

Part sharing of engines is not uncommon amongst the industry as a whole, Jaguar X series engine had a Mondeo top half and Peugeot bottom half, hence they don't make them anymore. The Nissan Terrano was partnered with the Maveric.

Comment

PAG group, ford pugeot, citreon volvo...... GM opel vauxhall izuzu chev renault + Mazda Ford etc

Comment

Got Scot JCB coming tomorrow for the water leak, twin speed tracking and a service!

Comment

Let's hope they don't break the bank Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                              Let's hope they don't break the bank Jim
                              Agreed
                              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Got Scot JCB coming tomorrow for the water leak, twin speed tracking and a service!
                                ...what about a screen wash?.
                                Seriously though i really hope JCB go easy on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X