Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
    ...what about a screen wash?.
    Seriously though i really hope JCB go easy on you.
    It don't work so I don't bother with it!!

Comment

The saga continues! I am heading away into Aberdeen 100 miles round trip with my digger to Scot JCB so they can do the cylinder head casket! Gotta love machinery! Helps you work hard at envy thing there is no money in!!

Comment

So do you still love the JCB brand then Jim ??..How about a change of colour to something not Lemon Yellow ....

Comment

Good luck Jim sounds like your going to need it...Maybe you'll have to reconsider those other brands out there....

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            The saga continues! I am heading away into Aberdeen 100 miles round trip with my digger to Scot JCB so they can do the cylinder head casket! Gotta love machinery! Helps you work hard at envy thing there is no money in!!
            Aww ... the boys love a project too .. unless .. is the dealer doing it gratis ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

So let me fill you in!

Mechanic came tried to find the leak but couldn't, tried to fix the twin speed tracking but was beaten and serviced the digger. He thinks its the cylinder head gasket so I spoke to his boss and he said there was an 8014 I could have if I took mine in so that was great I took it straight in and unload my digger. The apprentice came round the corner with the 8014 so we swapped the buckets over as I wanted my grading bucket and I jumped in the 8014 looked a good machine as its 2008 and done 1500 hours like mine. I drove 10 feet went to turn it around and there was a funny noise so I looked down and saw this!

ao marched back to the workshop and said there was a problem with the digger so they looked through the old tracks but didn't have anything that fits! So not only am I facing a big bill I also don't have my digger either! Lucky thought the job I am on has a hired in cat but I was needing my digger there too!

Comment

Wow that sucks the big one. And you still wanna do business with these people after all the troubles you've had?

Comment

Are you telling me a dealer never noticed that ? ... any mince head fitter with even half a brain would have seen that ?
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Are you telling me a dealer never noticed that ? ... any mince head fitter with even half a brain would have seen that ?
                    Yup the apprentice tightened the tracks and never noticed the broken track!

Comment

Oh heck i'm not feeling so warm inside

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                        So let me fill you in!

Mechanic came tried to find the leak but couldn't, tried to fix the twin speed tracking but was beaten and serviced the digger. ........................

So not only am I facing a big bill I also don't have my digger either! Lucky thought the job I am on has a hired in cat but I was needing my digger there too!
                        Can't they just swap over the tracks from your old machine?
                        ...plus why are they going to charge you? I must have missed something...

..and it's cold tonight.

Comment

Because they would have to put the tracks back on my digger when I collect it from being fixed! I was dropping my digger off and getting a shot of a temporary digger. They are charging me for the service and the repairs that mine needs.

Comment

Ahh.. I misread it - I thought they'd offered you a replacement permanently then palmed you off with a duffer. I hope they don't charge for the Courtesy car..

Comment

Any word of what they're going to soak you for the repairs Jim?

Comment

Got m digger back to today! The twin speed tracking was crap in the spool and the leak is right at the bottom if the radiator! So thankfully not a head gasket! New radiator is about £400+vat though but I will fit it myself. Good to have the old girl home!

Comment

Working...
                                X