• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also made these roll cages

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      It was a 110 hi cap, shortened the chassis front & back built winch mounts reinforced the chassis as the front winch was hydraulic.
      Roll cage. fitted lockers front and back, rebuilt gearbox &transfer box, 35"tyres.
      Engine, rebored block fitted kobel schmit ceramic pistons, new bearings, high volume oil pump over sized turbo and coolers larger valves ported head. silicone hose kit, oversized hi-density intercooler, engine cooler, trans cooler, hydraulic tank & pump(engine driven) gps tracker & route finder...then complete tool kit, compressor, recovery equipment etc etc

and this happened to it....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1688[/ATTACH]
      Shit sorry to hear about that, did you get to play with it much before the devil got it? What brand of winch do you prefer? I've been thinking about one for my truck.

Comment

It was a 110 hi cap, shortened the chassis front & back built winch mounts reinforced the chassis as the front winch was hydraulic.
        Roll cage. fitted lockers front and back, rebuilt gearbox &transfer box, 35"tyres.
        Engine, rebored block fitted kobel schmit ceramic pistons, new bearings, high volume oil pump over sized turbo and coolers larger valves ported head. silicone hose kit, oversized hi-density intercooler, engine cooler, trans cooler, hydraulic tank & pump(engine driven) gps tracker & route finder...then complete tool kit, compressor, recovery equipment etc etc

Huummm, Going to have a Problem getting all that smoke back into the lucas Wiring System .

Comment

Oh dear .. after all that work ...did you find out the cause ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hope you gave it genuine Sumo bars too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridley View Post
              Hope you gave it genuine Sumo bars too.

Bermach bars........

forced air heater onto which a coat fell caught fire lit the front left 35" and there was no stopping it............. this then melted the two plastic diesel tanks,that released the contents into the shed and container flowed up the yard burnt the trailers that were parked etc etc etc

Comment

A lot of damage there Dermot, did you ever get back into 'four-wheelin'?

Comment

Holy crap .. I thought you were our HSE 'adviser' too hope no one got hurted
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Wow Stock ...you have it bad
                    ........the rodents do have a habit of getting under your skin. We saw a heavily modded Langer ths afternoon in Workington - nowt like yours but very odd looking.....too short and curved at the edges....can't really describe it.
                    anyway, Landie passed his retest - we finished working on him at 02.45 this morning.....

Comment

Thanks lads, well that was the brothers shed I built it for him. We lost a lot and even now some years later we still look for stuff that was in that shed. On the up side though the shed we lost was just that a shed that was converted to a garage/ workshop but it was too low and to small.
                      When the opportunity arose we put a lot of thought in to its replacement so much so we moved it to face north (Direction of least wind ) made it higher fitted a four ton lift relocated the compressor put in insulation in the floor etc etc

Comment

Wow that's impressive your own personal vehicle lift. It's kinda interesting here people try to go to wider and taller tires and it looks like you guys go for tall and skinny. I looked at the Land Rover Canada website and they only offer their so called luxury models so unless somebody imports one or buys an ex-British army one from where they train in Alberta I'll likely never see one here.

http://www.landrover.com/ca/en/lr/

Comment

One of these Bert...............

Comment

Wow fantastic that looks awesome!

Comment

There is so much good material here, but I will resist the urge. I have been away for too long to respond to Stock's beloved (dare I say also "stuck") langer. Dermot, you are indeed capable of great things. Perhaps the best of which is to be supportive of our dear friend Jack and his woes that befall.

I agree with Ian in that we don't need annual inspections until you get into the larger rated trucks. My pickup is capable of being tagged a "B" plate (licence) which rates it at 8,000 lbs. GVW or a "D" plate which is 8001 through 12,000 GVW. @ a "B" plate, no inspection, @ "D", you need 6 month inspections. Natch, I plated mine as a "B" truck.

Jack, preventative maintenance is an EZ way to keep your investment safe. Particularly when the doggonned truck cost almost as much as my first house.

Comment

Hi Bruce, good to see you posting agin..

As far as Preventative Maintenance goes, well, I'm usually prevented from doing any preventative maintenance because a certain lack of actually [read: urgently] required preventative maintenance - henceforth known as AMURDTALOPM [Actual Maintenance Urgently Required Due To A Lack Of Preventative Maintenace] prevents any preventative maintenance that is intended to prevent any requirement for preventative maintenance taking place. Therefore any actual preventative maintenance occurring is usually AMURDTALOPM .

...shall I explain?

Comment

Working...
                                X