No announcement yet.

Nobodys railroad adventures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the "office" to pick up some equipment for the next project today, so I'm all set for the coming week Got unsure if it's gonna be any success tho, as I noticed a small sticker on it

Comment

Even we can knock a post in good .. question is .. can you put it in straight ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Even we can knock a post in good .. question is .. can you put it in straight ?
        Guess we'll find out never used it before any advice? Cant be that hard, can it

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
          Guess we'll find out never used it before any advice? Cant be that hard, can it
          A man has to know his limitations ... can you knock it in with six shots or only five brother
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

so what's wrong with a good old fashioned breaker and post cap???????

or a vibe plate and just push the buggers in
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

A man has to know his limitations ... can you knock it in with six shots or only five brother

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              so what's wrong with a good old fashioned breaker and post cap???????

or a vibe plate and just push the buggers in
              Often we just use the bucket
              These posts I'm gonna knock gotta be 100% straight, and that ca be tricky with just pushing em down as you will always have to compensate for that your gonna pull towards or push away at the same time depending on height of the boom..

Hopefully I'll get some pics on tuesday, you'll understand why we wanted the ram

Comment

Soon finished up on this repair job! Just a couple more poles to go! The knocker was kinda wierd to use.. but glad we had it..

Comment

What make of post driver is it?

These are mainly what we see here, Irish made dam fine tool to be honest whether mounted on a tractor or digger. A kin of mine has one that has a 450kg weight on it ............................
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

450 kgs Stock !!!!!! that is some drop hammer
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                      What make of post driver is it?

These are mainly what we see here, Irish made dam fine tool to be honest whether mounted on a tractor or digger. A kin of mine has one that has a 450kg weight on it ............................
                      Make is Protech, based in gloucestershire

The weight is 300. All in all 700kg. Extremly clumsy to mount because of the positioning of the hk mount.. the design in your pic looks a bit better.
                      As you can see, the one we got has a 2-1 disadvantage on the lifting lever, so maybe it offers a faster retract (harder fall of the weight)?
                      Never tried anything else, so cant really compare it but I sure dont like using it

Comment

Doing some clearance for the parents of my significant other this weekend! My employee happened to have a small plant 500m away, so got to borrow a pc138 should speed things up a bit

Got myself a new chainsaw today too.. ms261 c-m. Real nice saw. Very well built! Both side covers made in metal, de-comp, winter/summer operation thingy no longer comes off etc. Truly a pro saw. Only thing that I found a bit wierd was that the chain catcher is not a roller, but a metal clip.. get yourself one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                          Got myself a new chainsaw today too.. ms261 c-m. Real nice saw. Very well built! Both side covers made in metal, de-comp, winter/summer operation thingy no longer comes off etc. Truly a pro saw. Only thing that I found a bit wierd was that the chain catcher is not a roller, but a metal clip.. get yourself one of these
                          Im interested .. piccy required

Comment

Im interested .. piccy required
                            Will supply pics with details tomorrow, first thing

Comment

Finally got my finger out of my arse and got some pics of my new loved one!

Oh, and btw I have failed to mention that I run a very small side business as a hobby, cutting down trees

Stihl 261 c-m!
                              ccm: 50
                              kw: 2.9
                              Weight: 5.2kg
                              Bar length 13"-20" (that means max 18" in non seller language)
                              Pich: 3/8

First off I really like the design, earlier models I thought where a bit bulky especially compared to husky saws. But now they'r catching on!
                              It's slim and very light weight, wich is very important if you'r backing up say a forestry machine, but not so much for having around at home. This IS a pro forestry saw tho, and is not ment for sitting in the garage for those occasional cleanups around the house.

Next I really like that there is NO tool-less solutions on this saw other than stihls oil and gas caps (wich I dont like either). Tool-less for me is synonymously with less robust and often flimsy plastic. The 3 screws for the top cover only needs quarter of a turn, and sits firmly.

Another feature I like is that the side cover on bar side does not have to fit in a groove, but instead has a "roof"

Chain catcher is not a roller on this one, wich surprised me. It will probably be the last thing on earth to brake by the looks of it..

The saw got dogs on one side only, but there is mounting for the other side as well for those who fancy that.
                              It comes with both decomp and elasto start wich gives a really smooth startup even tho neither is really needed at this ccm..
                              Another note is that the bar has a more upwards angle, wich makes it not so easy to get the chain full og dirt if it's placed on uneven ground, wich may happend from time to time
                              The airfilter have certainly gotten an update when it comes to sealing. On other stihls I've had the sealing has seemed a bit too stiff, and I would occasionally see sawdust inside the filter. This is not the case with this this one

I must also correct myself, the winter/summer thingy DOES come off, but you just flip it around and put it back in when changing instead of having a separate place inside the top cover like some other models ;)

Big thumbs up to stihl from me for this saw. Very happy with it so far, and hope it lasts long!

Comment

Oh! And side covers is a magnesium alloy, die casted

Comment

Working...
                                X