No announcement yet.

Nobodys railroad adventures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drooling here at the sight of it...........................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Hahaha! Should've been there Stock. Would have you drooling a new flood from all the firewood the trees we removed further down the creek would supply!

Sorry bout the pixelating btw, not allowed to show any pics public without client, contractor and sub contractors approval for every damn picture.. too much of a hassle

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
        Drooling here at the sight of it...........................
        you and me both Stock .... never say no to free wood
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
          Felt a little druid inspired with this set-up!

The job is an old outlet who collapsed during a flood some time ago.. Clean up, new concrete floor, then some masonry on monday

LOL ...... nice grab just about in shot there matey ...... what is it ?

Looks a tidy, tidy up there ..... what you use for masonry ... Lavakist ?
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            LOL ...... nice grab just about in shot there matey ...... what is it ?

Looks a tidy, tidy up there ..... what you use for masonry ... Lavakist ?
            It's a kubota 8 tonner, rental👍good machine, quick but kinda weak sadly.. suspecting it's not delivering full power, being a rental.
            Asked for a 14 ton for the masonry, but had to settle with that one.. gonna get intresting with the largest block.. 50x50x200 cm of granite equals about 1.5 ton. Could barely hang on to it right in front of the blade Wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt the one going furthest away x) I'll shoot some more pics on monday we'r using red granite for the new walls

Well, could be tidier if I was allowed to touch up the old wall there, but the road running over will collapse if I do :/ no one is paying for that, so not my problem

Btw, is there any way to make the thread or certain images/posts visible to member only? Got som intresting things coming up I'd like to share, but it's a dead give away of who where and when x) (not allowed by employer)

Comment

It's a kubota 8 tonner, rental��good machine, quick but kinda weak sadly.. suspecting it's not delivering full power, being a rental.
              Asked for a 14 ton for the masonry, but had to settle with that one.. gonna get intresting with the largest block.. 50x50x200 cm of granite equals about 1.5 ton. Could barely hang on to it right in front of the blade
              Design lift for that machine is barely a tonne .. so you asking a bit much there .. the fact it does it, shows Kubota's design resilience over what they quote .. so it is a 'good machine'
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Btw, is there any way to make the thread or certain images/posts visible to member only? Got som intresting things coming up I'd like to share, but it's a dead give away of who where and when x) (not allowed by employer)
                Yes you have to be a senior poster to access that area .. I'll see if I can swing it with the management
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Design lift for that machine is barely a tonne .. so you asking a bit much there .. the fact it does it, shows Kubota's design resilience over what they quote .. so it is a 'good machine'
                  I'll take your word for it! If that's the case, I'm probably over estimating the weight of granite?? It's supposed to be of the most dense type wich i think is around 2.8t per cubic meters

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Yes you have to be a senior poster to access that area .. I'll see if I can swing it with the management
                  Ah, I see! Many thanks but dont sweat too much over it! It's mostly bragging

Comment

I'll take your word for it! If that's the case, I'm probably over estimating the weight of granite?? It's supposed to be of the most dense type wich i think is around 2.8t per cubic meters

Ah, I see! Many thanks but dont sweat too much over it! It's mostly bragging

Certain amongst us are waiting

Comment

Certain amongst us are waiting

Comment

• Final pics from my last job in the division I've been in since I got into plant! "New" adventures starts tomorrow

Despite the water flowing, we decided to give it a try! Not too happy about the result, but it came out OK

Not nearly enough stones to work with, and all at random lengths (cheaper). But we thought what the heck, it's not like it's a castle or anything.. Not too pretty, but it does the job

Filling the cracks with concrete and tidying up remains, but that's someone elses worries

Comment

• now that's what you call 'bricks' need a good bloke on the trowel laying them eh .... gonna wanna be some sort of flow to shift them Boyo

Comment

now that's what you call 'bricks' need a good bloke on the trowel laying them eh .... gonna wanna be some sort of flow to shift them Boyo
                            Hehe, it was pretty frustrating to be honest.. The foreman said he could hear me screaming "14 tonnes for f**ks sake!!" In his barracks behind a house today (I asked for 14. Got 8)

Comment

Hehe, it was pretty frustrating to be honest.. The foreman said he could hear me screaming "14 tonnes for f**ks sake!!" In his barracks behind a house today (I asked for 14. Got 8)
                              I bet they made the 8's eyes water a bit ...... VA or mono boom?
                              Like taking a wooden spoon ..... to a knife fight

Lovely blocks though

Comment

I bet they made the 8's eyes water a bit ...... VA or mono boom?
                                Like taking a wooden spoon ..... to a knife fight

Lovely blocks though
                                Mono boom, but with king post. So not exactly a lifting machine Was nice for the reach tho, couldnt have had less of it..

Ye, the blocks where nice. Did learn that when making a "sharp" turn it pays off to have much shorter lengths. And we should've set the blocks first, then poured the concrete. Would've made a much straigther foundation, wich makes the next levels of blocks easier to set..
                                Things that pretty much says itself, but was never thought about

Comment

Working...
                                X