Nobodys railroad adventures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    Mono boom, but with king post. So not exactly a lifting machine Was nice for the reach tho, couldnt have had less of it..

Ye, the blocks where nice. Did learn that when making a "sharp" turn it pays off to have much shorter lengths. And we should've set the blocks first, then poured the concrete. Would've made a much straigther foundation, wich makes the next levels of blocks easier to set..
    Things that pretty much says itself, but was never thought about
    must have been balanced on your blade most of the time ..... they'm big blocks!!
    Aye half the length would've been good for the turn , but you're not going to disturb those in a hurry ...... are you !!!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      must have been balanced on your blade most of the time ..... they'm big blocks!!
      Aye half the length would've been good for the turn , but you're not going to disturb those in a hurry ...... are you !!!!
      sure hope not! x) During heavy snowmelting or floods the water shoots out that outlet like a firehose, so the wall will be tested!

Comment

• Sorry for being so slow lately!
        Very busy these days at both the job and my tree removal firm. Non stop, all day.. and not even getting everything done

Going to look at a new car tomorrow, and maybe even a new trailer!

Current rig:

A good one really. But slow ideal for narrow places. Both car and trailer dont take up much space..
        Negatives is long travels and low force on the hilux.. I would also like a tipping trailer.
        So Im going to look at a Nissan Patrol tomorrow, and a huge Ifor Williams trailer. Car good for maximum towing weight (3.5t) and the trailer got 3.5t total carry.
        Looking foreward

Not many places this wont fit and climb though..

Comment

• the patrols had a good reputation .... what motor is in it ? ..... the old Hilux'll take some beating off the black top though
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

the patrols had a good reputation .... what motor is in it ? ..... the old Hilux'll take some beating off the black top though
            The Patrol got the 2.8l td. Supposedly more reliable that the later 3l. But i dunno
            Nothing beats an old Hilux when it comes to reliability anyway, that's for sure. But it can only tow 2100kg, and struggles enough with itself up hills even with the turbo i got installed earlier.. on highways I dont even bother passing lorries, cause the rpm's gets too uncomfy
            Switching from toyota to nissan tho.. doesnt quite feel right

Comment

The Patrol got the 2.8l td. Supposedly more reliable that the later 3l. But i dunno
              Nothing beats an old Hilux when it comes to reliability anyway, that's for sure. But it can only tow 2100kg, and struggles enough with itself up hills even with the turbo i got installed earlier.. on highways I dont even bother passing lorries, cause the rpm's gets too uncomfy
              Switching from toyota to nissan tho.. doesnt quite feel right
              Don't get me started.....................japcrap............... .
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                Mind if i do?
                I'm guessing you ride a uk made heap of junk then?? Never understood you guys.. driving around in a car actually famous for being unreliable, talking down on the most used cars in the world where reliability really matters.

Comment

• Been driving similar jap crap Hilux for several years. Reliable above all. No excess electronic bells and whistles. Mine has 400 000 km on it and it still passes exhaust test and runs well. Needed some corrosion prevention but overall in good shape.

the only problem is the tow weight, it prevents moving toys around :)

if you need a tool, buy a Hilux, but if you like repairs and downtime, try something else like VW Amarok

Comment

• Worked one year at a VW dealer. Wont ever have any product even related to VAG. Ever!

Had a roadtrip with my hilux and a trailer yesterday to pick up my new work horse ;)
                    Cars switched roles once i got there ;)

Nice and big second set of tires followed. Not road legal with those on to.. 35"

Comment

• aye the Japs'll take some beating for motors .... reliable ones ....... Nissan looks like it has 'potential' ..... to do a job .................. and get you into trouble ........ some set of boots those

Comment

How is the Langer Rodent

Comment

• Fine! now it has the head done the immobliser has been fixed........................................
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Fine! now it has the head done the immobliser has been fixed........................................
                            What's the point with an immobiliser on a land rover??

Comment

What's the point with an immobiliser on a land rover??
                              Most nick-able thing on the planet round these parts Boyo ..... untraceable in bits and huge demand for said bits

Comment

Most nick-able thing on the planet round these parts Boyo ..... untraceable in bits and huge demand for said bits
                                Huge demand for said bits makes sense didnt think of that! Couldnt imagine why anyone would make themselves thiefs for a LR

Comment

Working...
                                X