No announcement yet.

Nobodys railroad adventures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just replaced stock husqy bars with Sugihara pro bars on a 560 and a 372 and apart from being lovely to look at they are also really good quality and seem to enhance the performance of the saws although that is probably all in my head and it's all about the bling!

Comment

Originally posted by fairmer View Post
      just replaced stock husqy bars with Sugihara pro bars on a 560 and a 372 and apart from being lovely to look at they are also really good quality and seem to enhance the performance of the saws although that is probably all in my head and it's all about the bling!
      Bet not ;) I'm pretty confident that quality bars mage a difference. If it's worth the extra $$, i dont know

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        my lil' 'Charlie' .... been a real good saw and had it years .... Oregon bars for me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3526[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3527[/ATTACH]

that is some collection Stock
        That there is a well looked after saw Druid! And just as good, or even better than todays saws with all their eletrics

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Was on a job today working for a timber contractor who had just bought some new huskies ... those saws were revving their nuts off doing snedding work
          Aye, huskys run abit higher on the rpm than stihls usually! Makes em very well suited for forestry work. On the other side, stihls usually got a bit more torque for where thats needed

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
            That there is a well looked after saw Druid! And just as good, or even better than todays saws with all their eletrics
            Cheers Boyo ...... I find that if you look after your gear .... it usually looks after you ...... it's been a good saw, fair play
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Stihl require loads of looking after................................
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                Stihl require loads of looking after................................
                Atleast their stock bars dont bend by looking at it too hard

Comment

Atleast their stock bars dont bend by looking at it too hard
                  Hard to bend a bar on a stihl when you can't use it, cause the beestard won't start ..............................

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                    Hard to bend a bar on a stihl when you can't use it, cause the beestard won't start ..............................
                    All mine starts, except for a husky that wouldnt start when hot.. So i changed it for a sthil

Comment

• me Stihl runs like a watch ...... most the time ..... has a tiny filter in the carb that blocks and have failed to find WTF the crap is getting in.

everything surgically clean in the fuel dept. and it still does it, after about 2 hrs hard use.

Clean it and it's good for another 2-ish hrs ...... f***ing annoying ........ but runs like a watch otherwise
                      been a fine saw Muz and starts well
                      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                        All mine starts, except for a husky that wouldnt start when hot.. So i changed it for a sthil
                        Bought a Viking mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine body made by Stihl sold by Stihl .....................and the fecker won't start as easy as the predecessor.............a proper pain in the ykw.................................

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                          Bought a Viking mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine body made by Stihl sold by Stihl .....................and the fecker won't start as easy as the predecessor.............a proper pain in the ykw.................................

Briggs & Scrap'em ...... Nuff sed

Comment

• Very little has happened lately.. but the jobs are coming in at last!

Been doing a repair job this week, going on for one more.
                            Felt a little druid inspired with this set-up!

The job is an old outlet who collapsed during a flood some time ago.. Clean up, new concrete floor, then some masonry on monday

Comment

• Did you get the firewood?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                                Did you get the firewood?
                                I'm surprised the firewood wasnt pixelated out for you aswell
                                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                                X